WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. WorleyParsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Their service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
WorleyParsons' extensive experience ensures that they provide project solutions with the lowest total lifecycle cost while meeting each customer’s specific requirements. Their services go beyond new developments, to supporting operating assets through delivering brownfield projects which maintain asset integrity and improve business performance. By treating asset services as a specific business stream, WorleyParsons provides systems and work processes to deliver these projects effectively.
Job Title: Structural Lead
Req. No. : 25842
- Directly responsible for output, may be shared with other Designers, depending on project
- To ensure Health, Safety and Environment has the highest priority in all activities undertaken by Engineering and Design personnel.
- To supervise the work of the discipline engineers and designer.
- To allocate engineering resources in order to complete all deliverable for the discipline within the allocated staff hour budget and schedule
- To provide all necessary input to the project control and reporting system, including attending review meetings, maintaining the progress report for the discipline, liaising with the project planning engineer for discipline progress planning , and preparing the discipline section of the monthly report
- To prepare the discipline project design criteria prior to the commencement of any engineering or design activities
- To design the discipline design group by close liaison witn the discipline lead designer or design coordinator in order to develop practical and economic designs to achieve the project objectives
- To arrange for the preparation of all discipline design deliverables including layout drawings, detail drawings, schedules, specifications, datasheets, calculations requisitions and technical tender evaluations in accordance with the project requirements and the company procedures and standards
- To specify and select appropriate equipment to allow the project to develop a practical and economic design
- To ensure technical integrity of design deliverable for the discipline
- To ensure that all document checking and design verification tasks have been completed in accordance with the company and project procedures before formal document issue
- To review and approve the design documentation prepared by the discipline
- To ensure conformance with customer requirement
- To liaise with other design groups, and to coordinate the discipline activities with other groups to achieve the overall project design objectives in the most efficient manner
- To provide discipline input to the project key documentation during squad checking, or by the issue key documentation change requests immediately the discipline activities create or identify the need for a change to those documents
- To foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (or related field) and 20+ years of related work experience, including supervisory/managerial experience within a large Engineering firm is required.
- Professional registration with active membership in a professional society is also required.
- Proficiency in utilizing specific computer software to complete engineering assignments.
- Proven capability for managing a large number of personnel and/or complex technical situations is required, as well as familiarity with industry practices and current technology.
- Requires communication skills to be able to successfully work in a team environment and communicate effectively with other disciplines.
- Authority / Freedom To Act / Decision Making (Incl Budgetary Responsibility)
- Works under general supervision of Engineering
- Manager Makes informed decisions when appropriate
- Work requires an understanding of company policies and procedures
- Work follows applicable codes and standards, design practices and design quality standards
- Works to a given schedule
- With budgetary responsibility
- Other Relevant Information
- Unlimited travel required
- Work require liaising with other disciplines to develop design
Deadline: 18th September, 2012