Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
This role is responsible for managing the project's local operations.
We are looking for an experienced Operations professional, with the necessary breadth of experience to lead this range of functions.
The main duties fall within the following broad areas of responsibility:
- Contracts, Compliance & Procurement
- Human resources (recruitment and performance management)
- Financial Oversight - including budgeting, forecasting and strategic analysis
- Logistics & Security management
- Implement and oversee operational systems and processes in support of programme results
- Manage all administrative, operations, and financial project personnel. Delegate financial and operational responsibility to the administrative and financial staff.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable corporate, donor, and government rules and regulations regarding the project while supporting planning and delivery
- Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve operational issues or problems, in conjunction with the corporate operations team.
- As part of VFM working group, ensure that VfM is sought, secured, tracked and analysed in all operations and fed-into programming decisions
- Contracts, Compliance & Procurement
- Act as the internal point of contact for the project team for sub-contracting; pro-actively assisting the team in day to day management of subcontractors and grantees
- Supervise and ensure value for money in procurement of grantees, sub - contractors and service providers
- Monitor subcontractor compliance, and address any issues noted
Lead the project's Human Resource Function
- Oversee the project's performance management framework, & ensure support and guidance is provided as necessary to Line Managers
- Ensure effective planning & recruitment of staff and consultants.
- Responsible for all HR management
- Supervise project level financial management, reporting and controls and ensure financial propriety is maintained.
- Direct the project team and corporate operations team to forecast and manage the budget and finances for project activities, against work-plans.
- Coordinate with the DTL - Planning, Delivery and Evidence regarding progress of all outputs in implementation of work plans, including identification of implications for expenditure and forecasting
- Regularly review and seek to address budgetary performance issues
- Prepare strategic financial reporting, ensuring analysis fed into project management & communicated effectively and in a timely fashion
- Provide oversight and leadership to any project audits
Logistics & Security Management
- Oversee local project logistics, facility and vehicle management.
- Supervise project travel management
- Responsible for all aspects of project security, working closely with the Palladium Security team
- Responsible for ensuring that state level operations are well-coordinated, and run smoothly
- Deputise for and / or carry out any other reasonable activities determined by the Team Leader.
As part of Management team: contribute to short and long-term programme planning and strategy.
Demonstrated ability in;
- Compliance and contracting
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Logistics (including security)
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Team Performance
- Experience with Matrix Line Management
Qualifications and / or Experience
- Third level/Post-Graduate degree in business or a similar field such as human resources or financial management;
- 5-10 years working in an Operations Management role related to donor funded development projects;
- Proven ability in steering operations in a fast-paced environment along with people management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Commitment to gender equality and social justice;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment is essential, in Africa/Nigeria an advantage.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Palladium Group Career Page