HEAD OF SCHOOL
- The Head of School will serve as a centralizing leadership figure within the training school.
- The Head of School will work closely with, and report directly to, the Board of Directors (“Board”). The position will be supported by at least one full time office staff person.
- The Head of School will tend to the issues that concern the school as a whole and will facilitate communication /build consensus among the teachers, staff, students and Board.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THE HEAD OF SCHOOL OVERALL• Responsible for the administrative success of all school programs.
• Ensures that the school is in compliance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
• To provide professional leadership and to ensure the implementation and the development of the Curriculum Framework
• Coordinates scheduling of, and attends, all required school functions and activities.
FINANCE• Serves as Business Manager for the school.
• Executes the financial policy set by the Board of Directors, including communicating Board policy and decisions to parents and prospective parents
• Assists the finance team with financial issues and long term planning.
• Contributes to development of the training school strategy and budget
• Assists in coordination and execution of strategic plans.
- Supervises the teachers/programs, coordinating across all classrooms
- Selects and employs non-teaching personnel in conjunction with Board
- To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general school procedures.
- To be responsible for establishing guidelines for proper student conduct and dress; to maintain student discipline consonant with school policies; to monitor students’ adherence to established school rules; to maintain accurate records of student attendance and citizenship.
- Administers equitable systems of compensation, working conditions and professional development of all staff in cooperation with the board
- Where necessary, counsels and advises school employees.
ENROLLMENT• Represents and explains the COMPANY school mission program to prospective students and bodies.
• Oversees and coordinates recruitment of students.
• Informs prospective students of enrolment policies.
• Performs all admissions tasks necessary to achieve COMPANY objectives.
• Oversees and coordinates enrolment of graduating students into the placement system.
• To evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admissions and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants which consist of at least 10% of the maximum class size for each course.
EDUCATION• Works with Teachers to coordinate curricula.
• Helps guide Teachers in achieving their educational goals.
• Coordinates and attends all Teachers meetings.
• Serves as liaison between teachers and students to resolve classroom issues.
• Maintains school discipline policy in a consistent and respectful manner.
PUBLIC RELATIONS• Coordinates all internal and external school communications.
• Serves as spokesperson for COMPANY SUPPORT’S TRAINING SCHOOL.
• Maintains constructive liaisons with other educational institutions and associations.
• Represents COMPANY TRAINING SCHOOL in the community at large.
SCHOOL FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT, DAILY OPERATIONS• Oversees daily operations of school, ensuring a safe and friendly environment.
• Attends to tasks and responsibilities associated with successful operation of school (e.g. communication, security, maintenance) in an as-needed and sometimes hands-on capacity.
• Supervises maintenance of all school equipment.
• Supervises the maintenance of COMPANY TRAINING SCHOOL as an aesthetically attractive and safe environment, in cooperation with the board.
• Advises Board on facilities and equipment improvement.
OPERATIONS SUPPORT• Remains informed of trends, research and legislation that may affect Company management, operation and policy.
• Advises Board when policy changes or action may be necessary.
• Maintains a comprehensive set of records on students, staff and prospective students.
RESPONSIBILITY TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
• Serves as non-voting member of the Board and is expected to attend all Board meetings and functions.
• To provide to the board of trustees various scenarios and possibilities for the board to consider as it does its work focusing on the strategic future of the school.
• Keeps the Board President informed of all aspects of school operations.
• Brings to the Board’s attention issues that may require Board action or Board education.
• Communicates all Board policies and changes to the teaching staff and non-teaching staff.
• Serves as a resource for the Board in developing new policies and initiatives.
• Represents the Board and Board decisions and policies to students and organisations when appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience