At Huawei, we define human progress by innovations that enrich humanity. We do not view connectivity as a privilege, but a necessity. We believe that the impact of information and communications technology should be measured by how many people can benefit from it.
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services, regardless of geographic location. Contributing to the sustainable development of society, the economy, and the environment, Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions, and resource costs.
- Provide tactical direction to end users support ensuring that IT Operations services are aligned with expected targets
- Assist with defining the unit’s work plans, policies, procedures and the overall governance framework intended to facilitate achievement of agreed service levels.
- Assist the Operations Director in communicating the unit’s direction and objectives to subordinate staff.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the team/function’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel to achieve the unit/function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders with EMTS.
- Research and propose new technologies and approaches for delivery of EUS related services and therefore always be able to deliver a level of service that meet and exceed customer needs and proffer recommendations to the Manager, User Support.
- Ensure availability and prompt deployment of end user devices (desktops, printers, etc.).
- Participate in the evaluation of tenders for IT equipment and spares.
- Organise and monitor (in conjunction with HR) the delivery of relevant end-user training on self-help tips.
- Develop and maintain an effective database of historical information about previous user issues.
- Assist in preparing and presenting reliable trend analysis to help determine focus areas and develop proactive approaches to faults management.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Provide guidance and manage the performance of subordinates (where applicable).
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the operations Director.
- Review and monitor trend analysis of issues/queries logged and escalate identified root problems to relevant IT units or external IT vendors where necessary.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives. Champion the skills enhancement of team members.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications and Cisco networking devices at the access layer.
- Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions. Extensive knowledge of the generic IT applications portfolio, how they relate and interact to each other in order to deliver services in the mobile telecommunication industry.
- Knowledge of Telecoms operations. Good understanding of the key component of the mobile telecommunication network and how they interact with generic IT applications portfolio.
- Good experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced/managed service systems.
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional teams throughout an incident/problem management lifecycle.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a tactical level. Ability to translate tactical decisions into specific objectives, create and execute an implementation plan.
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
- Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- First degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate / Professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) to nine (9) years work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Huawei Career Page on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale