DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Terms of Reference - Team Leader - Niger Delta Market Development Programme (MADE)
Objectives of the programme:
- Market Development in the Niger Delta (MADE) will use the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to generate pro-poor and inclusive economic growth in the non-oil sectors of the nine Niger Delta states.
- The programme’s stated objective is to raise the incomes of at least 150,000 poor people, of whom 50 per cent will be women.
Objectives of the Role:
- The Team Leader will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project, as well as ensuring that the project maintains and continues it success.
- They will oversee the all staff in achieving project results, whilst working with the DAI Europe Head Office project management team.
- You will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritisation of activities when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Management:
- Provide overall leadership of the MADE programme, in accordance with the head client contract with DFID, DFID rulings and the DAI business case.
- Act as the face of MADE, both to the client, to the team and to external stakeholders. The Team Leader is expected to act as the programme’s primary spokesperson and report directly to and communicate with the client on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that key deliverables, key reports and work plans are achieved on time and on budget
- To take ultimate fiduciary responsibility for the appropriate use of programme resources, working closely with the Operations director to ensure that all members of staff on MADE (including management) adhere to key protocols and processes set out in the Operations Manual
- Ensuring that staff are appropriately supported and deployed to perform key responsibilities and identifying key needs and opportunities.
- Ensure that technical activities are carried out to the appropriate standard
- Delivering a comprehensive overview of selected value chains in the Nigerian economy
- Supporting and overseeing the development of a political-economic analysis and comprehensive market analysis, using an M4P approach
- Ensure that programme monitoring is taking place in an appropriate and effective manner. This includes ensuring the M&E department is performing effectively and that other staff are fulfilling their obligations in this area.
- Ensuring the participation and engagement of key stakeholders within the Nigerian related sectors, state and federal governments and extractive industries
- Oversight and quality control in relation to programme activities
Key Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably with Nigeria experience in PSD and value chains promotion
- Experience with the M4P approach
- Strong experience managing teams under donor funded programmes, specifically DfID.
- Significant networking and relationship management skills, as well as project management expertise
- Understanding of key approaches to monitoring and evaluation and the delivery of value for money
Method of Application
To apply, visit DAI's Career Page on Taleo