Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing "the best care in the air". Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. No airline does it in the unique Arik way.
Arik Air offers opportunities for employment in administrative, professional, technical and airline-specific disciplines, irrespective of the level or area of responsibility, each employee contributes to the growth and success of our airline. We believe that individuals score goals, but ultimately "the team wins the game".
Reporting to : VP Finance Direct reports : Senior Manager - Finance Date 2016
- The AVP Finance will report directly to the VP Finance and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other external organizations as required.
The Associate Vice President (AVP), Finance is a key leadership and executive position within the organization. We are seeking a person, who is a great problem-solver and can add value to Arik’s Finance organization. Additionally, this role will provide regular financial reporting to the executive team, responsible for keeping Vendor and Tax accounts up to date. This will be a “hands-on”, high-profile role with an opportunity to make a significant impact on a rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical skills, a solid understanding of Accounting principles and the aviation industry.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the General Ledger and preparing monthly financial statements and forecasts
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management reports
- Monitor actual financial results vs. budget, highlighting key variances for management
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures and improve our internal controls
- Manage annual audit including writing financial statements and accompanying notes
- Manages inter-company reporting and consolidation of accounts between them
- Develops, recommends, implements, monitors, applies, coordinates, and manages the policies and procedures to govern the accounting and reporting for subsidiaries of the company (domestic and international).
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Board.
- Enhances internal controls by ensuring that processes are in place to safeguard cash.
- Supports the VP Finance in overseeing the accounting department and audit functions.
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated.
- In conjunction with others, studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new disciplines.
- Estimates requirements for capital.
- Supports the VP Finance in supervising accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensures that all personnel that need to use the Company’s MIS software are properly trained to use it and have access to their reports.
- Keeps the company’s business licenses compliant in all jurisdictions in which it does business.
- Assures that the company files timely and accurate tax returns (federal, state, county, city, sales tax, etc.)
- Prepares policies and procedures, as needed, with regard to audits by various taxing agencies, clients, internal, etc.
- Assists company legal staff in the defense of litigation through periodic meetings.
- Maintains all project, discipline, and company-wide financial planning systems, and reporting.
- Responsible for the company payrolls.
- Participates in the selection of company-provided employee benefits.
- Assists senior management with selection of locations for office leases and participates in the financial negotiations for same. Also responsible for tracking lease notice and expiration dates.
- Trains or assigns training for accounting staff, who are responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Monitors performance of the accounting department. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling.
- Responsible for Financial Planning and the development of budgets.
- Maintains knowledge of activities and plans of operating and administration divisions.
Required skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred. Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined accounting and finance including at least 10 years of experience with planning, compliance and reporting activities associated with a publicly-held company. Experience working with a multinational corporation is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Must be located in Lagos with a minimum 25% to travel among different office locations as required.
- Demonstrated management and financial skills in dealing with all phases of business operations.
- Leadership and communications skills to supervise and mentor accounting, and other company staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and SAGE ERP other ERP software comparable to Oracle, etc.
- Must be able to exercise a keen awareness of the legal implications of disclosing material company information; ongoing awareness of trends in senior management's thinking; ongoing familiarity with both industry and company activities; and an ongoing knowledge of stock market and financial trends.
- Requires excellent financial and business judgment skills – confident in business acumen and ability to provide financial and business advice to all levels of management and the Company’s Board.
- Ideal candidate is motivated to work in a fast-paced environment, to move things forward, to meet stringent timelines, and to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of financial exposure. Understanding and articulating the Company's financial position and strategic activities is essential.
- Independent and creative problem solving skills are required.
- Ideal candidate will also have broad-based financial background, including experience with financial planning and analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Fluency in English (written and oral).
Method of Application
Send email to email@example.com or apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.