Current Job at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Posted on: 14 March, 2016
Deadline: 25 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a global, non-governmental organization, which exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps works in the areas of emergency relief, sustainable economic development and civil society. Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided $1 billion in assistance to people in 94 nations. Mercy Corps Nigeria is collaborating with the Federal Government of Nigeria, the UK Department for International Development and USAID partners implementing economic development programs throughout the country, and opened its Nigeria Field Office in December 2012.
- The Driver will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
- The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in South Borno. The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
- Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby ready for use at all times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid drivers license and experience driving 4x4 vehicles.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and application of all safety and traffic rules.
- Basic understanding of English and fluency in Hausa.
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letter in one document addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mercy CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Stock/Freight Manager at Solidarites International
- Project Officer at Search For Common Ground
- Job Vacancies at TechnoServe
- Latest Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Research Officer At The Population Council
- Radio Operator At The World Health Organization
- Finance Coordinator At Christian Aid
- Country Director at Chemonics International Inc