GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
The Country Leader for Surface is an integral part of both the Regional Surface SSA leadership team as well as the Global Surface leadership team. The person will lead the sales, commercial operations and services teams for Surface activities consisting of Pressure Control, Artificial Lift, and Downhole Technology. The position is also responsible for working effectively with Surface global functional leaders to drive efficiency, simplification, increase margins and manage change initiatives.
- Responsible for growing the sales and service businesses for the sub-Regional portfolio – including managing the P&L (orders, sales, CM, OM, CFOA) and leading all customer facing activities for the assigned sub-Region.
- Accountable for all GE operating processes for Surface within the sub-Region, eg: Growth Play Book, SII planning processes, GEOS etc.
- Lead the sales, service and commercial operations teams in the assessment of customer needs, solve business problems through consultative approach and develop effective marketing, sales and strategic business plans.
- Develop influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business.
- Engage global/ regional functions (Engineering, Marketing, IT, Legal, Finance, HR) in developing and implementing robust business practices and strategies for the sub-Regional SSA market.
- Work jointly with Supply Chain management to ensure proper identification of projected load and improve order fulfillment cycle time and profitability.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Continue to build and maintain an effective leadership team, focused on meeting GE’s business strategies, policies and practices and practicing effective growth values.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 10 years of Oil & Gas experience in a field sales, sales of engineered products or marketing
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience with in the SSA area
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Proven track record of establishing a vision, strategy and executing business plans; capable of planning and executing major initiatives and change.
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in customer-focused problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities.
- Self-directed, highly detail oriented, organized and flexible.
- Clear thinker, with strong communications skills and an ability to drive clear expectations within the SSA operations.
Job Segments: Engineer, Supply, Field Sales, Business Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Management
To apply, visit GE's Career Website