Ongoing Recruitment at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 14 March, 2016
Deadline: 18 March, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition
- Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
- Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Excom) etc
- Oversee the strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization including planning, monitoring, and recording software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Develop the strategy for the service delivery and enterprise applications division in line with global best practice in order to ensure that the organization is viable both internally and externally and as a social and financial entity
- Facilitate and guide the processes for identification and justification of the information technology requirements of the various business sectors and co-ordinate the initiation of project proposals for meeting the requirements.
- Provide leadership and management with the visibility; control and decision support required to understand and manage the service delivery and enterprise application function; as well as provide the team with the expertise to build their capabilities in order to drive effectiveness and efficiencies within the team
- Create an ‘IS blueprint’ that addresses business needs and takes into consideration the Data Architecture, Systems Architecture and Computer Architecture of the organization and ensure that the business has a reliable 5 year IT roadmap covering potential industry developments as well as ISD initiatives
- Create and maintain governance structure for ITSM and process and ensure processes and policies are developed, documented and maintained in accordance with established set /industry guidelines and benchmarks.
- Develop framework, policies, standards, methodologies, plans and procedures to guide IS Services Management operations and to enable the division to provide high quality services and attain set goals and objectives of MTNN.
- Identify cost effective solutions and investment of IS products and services and assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spends across the organization and manage IS vendors.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and testing of an effective Service Continuity program.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of enterprise framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Prepare the annual service delivery and enterprise application work plan and ensure the effective execution thereof in order to ensure the business objectives are achieved
- Establish and monitor performance benchmarks for service delivery and enterprise applications in order to ensure ongoing effectiveness of the division
- Oversee the general health of the live service required to meet business requirements
- [GC[N-GP1] Strategy, Design, Development Co-ordination, Service Provision, Operations and Implementation for the Billing and Charging Services (Including but not limited to:
- Mediation, VTU, Payment Gateway, PPMS, Provident, InterconnecT
- IN Platform (SDP, AIR, VS, CCN, EMM, OCC)
- Enterprise Services Framework, Service Oriented Architecture, OSB
- Agility GSM & ICT, Agility Provisioning, Middleware, Customer Billing
- Strategy, Design, Development Co-ordination, Service Provision, Operations and Implementation for the Value Added Services (Including but not limited to:
- SMSC, MMSC, WISG, RCS, HSDP, USSD
- IVR, Voicemail
- CRBT, LBS/C, OTA, Device Management,
- Strategy, Design, Development Co-ordination, Service Provision, Operations and Implementation for the Management Information Services (Including but not limited to:
- Website, LCMS, Document Management, SharePoint Internal Corporate, IFS,
- FMS, RA, Engine Room,
- BIB, Advanced Analytics, BI Analytics.
- Strategy, Design, Development Co-ordination, Service Provision, Operations and Implementation for the Digital Services (Including but not limited to:
- IoT application
- M2M channel, NFC, and Mobile Financial Services
- Work closely with all MTN Nigeria’s Business Divisions to execute the company’s strategy
- Job condition
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Local and International travel
Experience & Training
- First degree in an IT related field
- Master’s Degree in Business Admin/management would be advantageous
- Professional certification in relevant IT would be desirable
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- 12 years’ work experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- 5 years technical IT experience within an ERP environment
- Senior management experience in strategy formulation, technology forecasting, enterprise architecture, network economics, project management, operations management, strategic planning and quality control management.
- Strategy Development
- Leadership Development Programs
- Business continuity
- Business risk management
- IS Security
- Zachman Framework and application
- BTECH, BSC, HND, BED or BENG
Method of Application
To apply, visit MTN Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at an E-Payment Company - Workforce Group
- Front-End/UI Designers at Cousant Technologies
- Graduate CISCO Instructors at UNITeS Cisco Networking Academy
- Services Delivery Manager at Microsoft Nigeria
- Hybrid (Ionic) Mobile App Developer at Cousant Technologies
- General Manager, Business Development & Sales at Phase3 Telecom
- Graduate Facility and Admin Officer at Terragon Group
- Warehouse Manager at eHealth Africa (eHA)