Jobs in a Financial Institution via Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 14 March, 2016
Deadline: 26 March, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a reputable finance institution located in Rivers State requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Degree or equivalent in Accountant.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience.
go to method of application »
- Liaise directly with the Credit Risk team to identify Credit Risk Reporting and Regulatory needs
- Prepare documentation for regulatory compliance
- Assess the credit risk for the bank
- Support projects and system changes for the Banks Risk Management Framework
- At least 5 years credit risk experience
- Familiar with Credit Risk management systems
- Commercial Banking Credit experience preferred
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and CVs to email@example.com with JOB TITLE AS SUBJECT
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Account Officers at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited
- Graduate Business Development Officers/Marketers at CrusaderSterling Pensions Limited - 8 Positions
- Accountants at Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners
- Graduate Accountants at Ojike & Partners
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment for Team Lead, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Financial Analyst Assistants at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Country Sourcing Manager at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- Group Loan Officers at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited