Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
The Accountant is responsible for providing financial system services support for the Financial Management System focussing on structure and controls, including report design, key performance indicators and financial modelling in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations. The Accountant must comply with established policies and procedures.
- Establish the financial management system for the project including preparation of financial management sections of the Project Implementation Manual and financial procedures manual in accordance with ADB and WB requirements where applicable; and subsequently ensure strict adherence to installed control arrangements and procedures.
- Maintain and update all books of accounts and records promptly in line with international accounting standards and project financier requirements (ADB and WB).
- Timely processing and approval of payment requests in respect of project activities, ensuring that the expenditures are incurred in accordance with the FA.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements of project bank accounts.
- Support the PIU in preparing annual budgets; prepare disbursement requests / withdrawal applications on regular basis to WB and ADB in line with applicable procedures of these project financiers; prepare periodic unaudited interim financial reports (monthly, quarterly/calendar semester, annually); prepare disbursement reports as input to project progress reports within stipulated submission deadlines and in formats agreed with the project financiers.
- Support the PIU in recruitment of External Auditors. Ensure the annual financial statements are audited and submitted within the stipulated submission deadline to the project financiers. Follow up on FM issues and audit queries/implementation of recommendations made by the internal/external auditors.
- Maintain constant liaison with project financiers (ADB, WB, and Rivers State Government) on financial management issues.
- Carry out any other activities that are assigned by the Financial Management Specialist or the Managing Director.
Job Specific Competencies/Skills:
- knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers
- knowledge of payroll functions and procedures
- ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Solid financial systems skills and a background in financial analysis and accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of the Oracle Financials software suite or similar fully integrated systems
Environmental / Sector demands:
- Rapidly changing environment in the public sector and development agency projects
- Degree in Accounting or any related course
- A professional membership in any of the following associations: CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) ,ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants), ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant)
- At least four years post qualification experience in Financial Management of donor funded development projects. Experience with ADB or WB is an advantage.
- Experience of financial management in public institutions is desired
- 6+ relevant working experience.
Method of Application
Kindly send CV/Resume to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.