Job Vacancy at Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
Posted on: 14 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Social and Economic Rights Action
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Established in May 1995, the Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC) is a Lagos-based non-governmental and non-partisan organization concerned with the promotion and protection of economic, social and cultural rights (ESC rights) in Nigeria. Through its highly-integrated models -- the Monitoring and Advocacy Program (MAP), the Community Action Program (CAP), the Legal Action Program (LAP) and the Policy Advocacy Program (PAP)
We seek application from qualified applicant for the position below:
- Assist in preparation and tracking of budgets.
- Assist preparation of accurate, regular and timely financial reports for submission to the donor.
- Assist resolution of audited questioned cost.
- Ensure timely retirement of travel advances.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer to ensure accurate record keeping of all books of accounts including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records consistent with generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with program staff to monitor reports and requests from Principal Recipient,checking for accuracies and support follow up of queried costs.
- Assist in preparation of requested financial reports including financial status of sub-sub-recipient project account activities.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate filling systems for payment voucher, receipts, bank statements, etc
- A degree/HND in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with at least 2 years post-NYSC cognate experience.
- Proficiency in Standard Computer Software (Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Strong aptitude for learning computer based financial and program management software for monitoring programs
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing financial records of donors funded organizations and familiarity with donor and
- Nigerian NGOs contractual procedures would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a page cover letter as one MS Word document to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Job Opportunities at Médecins du Monde
- Job Vacancies at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Helen Keller International
- Deputy Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International (Re-advertised)
- Senior Research Associate at the Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA)
- Supply Chain Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Project Administrator at INTERSOS Nigeria