The purpose of this post is to:
- Carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the country’s financial, physical and information resources are managed.
- Add value by acting as a facilitator in business risk management and carrying out value for money reviews, thereby assisting the management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Coordinate internal control system (ICS) for West operation including, Head office, plants and concrete & aggregates
- To work with management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks of the company are identified and analyzed, on a continuous basis
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfills the responsibility of the department, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs
- To support in preparation of report package to the group and audit committee on the policies, programs and activities of the department
- To coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is not only aware of the other's work but also well briefed on areas of concern
- To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation
- To review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management
- To report on the value for money that the company obtains in all its activities with special regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by plant management, the audit committee, chief executive or chief financial officer, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function
- To provide both management with an opinion on the internal controls within the operations.
- Communicating, educating and ensuring strict compliance with Company’s Policies & procedures
- Perform special investigation of cases in a professional manner when called upon.
Performance Criteria (key results / outputs)
- Quality Internal Audit Reports
- Internal Control Quality
- Process Documentations during ERP
- Investigation Reports
- Impact of Audit and Control on Staff
Desired Skills and Experience