The Growth & Employment in States (GEMS) program in Nigeria is a partnership between the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and the Department of International Development (DFID). It aims to reduce poverty in Africa’s most populous country by increasing growth, incomes and jobs in selected states. GEMS3 works with private and public stakeholders at national, state and local government levels to build and deliver a systemic framework that will help make it easier to do business in Nigeria, leading to lasting improvements in economic opportunities for the poor, especially women. The GEMS3 project addresses issues relating to land, tax and investment.
SCOPE OF WORK
GEMS3 is currently supporting several Nigerian states in an exercise of mass land registration. Processes have been developed in accordance with international standards governing land administration. In Kano State SLTR activity is currently scaling up and requires increased management capacity to ensure its continued efficient and effective running.
GEMS3 is seeking to recruit an accomplished project manager with extremely positive manpower management skills to lead the team in increasing output and ensuring the smooth running of processes as we scale up activity.
All administrative tasks required have been simplified and all roles defined in the ‘Systematic Land Title Registration Manual.’ The project manager will be required to acquaint themselves with the role in collaboration with the land work stream team leader who will be available throughout to advise and support the PM.
- Work alongside the GEMS3 SLTR Expert to provide management support and advice for a team of 6 full time associates and 200 field team members engaged in the registration of land.
- Engage with relevant professionals to ensure that SLTR practices comply with current protocols and ensure that these practices are ratified by the State
- Work with the SLTR team to develop solutions to local challenges in service delivery and report exceptional challenges as they arise
- Oversee and manage SLTR processes including: sensitisation; field work; data entry; and delivery of CofOs
- Work with the SLTR Expert to develop and implement a strategy to institutionalise SLTR in MLPP by June 2016
- Assist with recruitment and training of new SLTR field workers
- Support the implementation of land administration interventions in Kano which are outside of the SLTR process when required.
- Assist with the development, revision and implementation of the State's policies, rules and operational procedures for SLTR land administration, while at the same time ensuring consistency with the SLTR standard operating procedures;
- Work with the Northern Hub Intervention Manager and State Manager to provide weekly/quarterly/annual reports
The PM will be expected to:
- Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of land registration practice in the context of mass land regularisation in SSA over the last ten years
- Quickly assimilate the contents of the SLTR manual to be able to oversee and mentor local staff
- Have the ability to manage multiple small teams to agreed standards of efficiency and economy
- Have the personal qualities required to motivate teams to improve quality of service provision
- Be a strong proponent and ambassador for the philosophy of SLTR
- Show a strong level of attention to detail to perform quality assurance tasks both in the field and in the database of beneficiaries
- Deliver work in challenging environments whilst remaining sensitive to cultural and gender considerations
The following attributes would be beneficial:
- Basic working knowledge of GIS, maps and planning
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Silkroad
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.