JOB TITLE: PROGRAM ANALYST(Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement)
Our Institute is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other infectious diseases with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and the Federal Capital Territory. We require competent and result-oriented candidates to fill the position above.
Examine the framework for implementation of IHVN programs to guide decision making, identify effectiveness and improve the operation of activities. Conduct operational evaluations of IHVN programs that include; data collection, management and analysis, preparation of comprehensive reports that outline the purpose, specify questions, the detailed evaluation findings and offer recommendations for program improvements. Develop effective strategies for improving program implementation and program data. Be an agent for change within the organization through program evaluation and the implementation of workable, practical, and sustainable processes that enhance productivity.
- Applicant should possess BA, BS, MD, MBBS, BMChB, RN, MPH or equivalent degree, a minimum of 3 years' experience working with health facilities, experience working with HIV/AIDS patient population and other health fields. S/he should have knowledge and skills usually acquired through education/training in health outcomes and familiarity with the Nigerian health system. Applicant must possess excellent team spirit, be able to multi-task and work independently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to collect, manage and analyze data, use appropriate analytical methods
- Ability to make inferences from data analysis, prepare reports and presentations that communicate complex research findings in clear language.
- Proficient in the use of Stata, SAS or SPSS to analyze data
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Word).
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
Implementation and Evaluation:
- Assist in the development of the overall framework for program evaluation and data quality assurance including annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
- Assist in the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for program areas, to record and report physical progress against the Annual Result Framework, Program Targets.
- Assist in the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Work with program staff and partner site staff to collect indicators, develop quality of care activities over time, collect monthly reports and provide feedback and recommendations to the Department Heads, Program Area Leads, Senior Technical Advisors, and the Director Office Clinical and Community Programs.
- Review monitoring reports; analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential barriers in project implementation.
- Participate in the implementation of the QA/QC evaluations plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes.
- Develop protocols for program evaluations and other interventions
- Coordinate evaluations of interventions for programmatic improvement and data quality improvement
- Provide direct technical assistance and mentoring to health facilities for continuous quality improvement and models for change.
- Assist in developing continuous quality improvement teams and implementing Quality Improvement (QI) activities at the site level.
- Support site QI teams to understand, interpret and utilize ACTIONQual reports and program data for quality improvement purposes
- Provide technical assistance to site QI teams for the design, implementation, evaluation and reporting of quality improvement initiatives/ small tests of change
- Collate site QI teams' quarterly work plans, quarterly reports of initiatives implemented and monthly meeting reports.
- Review and assess activities, or processes that the program undertakes with/to the client in order to meet the client's needs - program's effectiveness.
- Conduct formative evaluation, summative evaluation, process evaluation, outcome evaluation, cost-effectiveness evaluation, and cost-benefit evaluation of IHVN programs as designated.
- Evaluate and examine outcomes/impacts/benefits/changes in patient care as a result of program efforts in both the short-term, intermediate term, and long-term.
- Prepare reports on findings from program evaluations, DQAs and QI initiatives, as required, working closely with technical staff and implementing partners
- Guide the regular sharing of outputs/findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication between those carrying out field implementation and decision-makers on the number and quality of activities undertaken for each project component.
- Identify lessons learned and implications for the project's next steps. Participate in these events when possible.
Deadline: 18th September, 2012
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer, through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.