In furtherance of its determination to transform the agricultural sector and make the State a food basket, while providing veritable jobs for its people, the Rivers State Government is establishing a multifaceted, cornerstone agricultural. and agro-industrial project in the State in an area of over 3,000 hectares of land. The project will be based on the novel and innovative Israeli Moshav model.
SAMUELSON has been engaged by the State Government to identify an exceptional, proactive, experienced and versatile individual to fill the position of Coordinator for the project.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
The successful candidate shall act as the representative of the Implementing Agency of the State and shall directly interface with the Partners. The candidate shall be engaged on a performance-based contract for 3 years, with the option to renew for the same period.
Qualification and Skills
- A good bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Agronomy or related fields
- A combination of training, education and experience in Project Management with professional Certification in Project Management desirable
- 10-15 years proven work experience in large project management capacity (projects of over N500 million budget), especially large agricultural projects
- Proven experience in strategic planning and community relations management for large projects.
Responsibilities/Scope of Work
- Act as representative of the State Agency on the project
- Provide oversight for the project in fine with its goals and objectives
- Oversee and coordinate the work of the Project Office and manage community relations issues
- Work with Agency management and the Partners on the project scope, plans, goals, deliverables, risk identification/mitigation and timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools and regularly reports to Agency management, including undertaking field inspections of work being carried out to ascertain status and ensure that project deliverables are met
- Constantly monitor and report on project progress, problems, challenges and solutions to all stakeholders
Method of Application
All qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. candidates should send their applications in confidence with detailed Curriculum Vitae (including telephone number(s) and an email address) indicating:
Ref: COORDINATOR, AGRIC PROJECT
P.O.Box 5924, Lagos
Deadline: 18th September, 2012
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.