Job Vacancy at ALARA Lagos
Posted on: 10 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Creative / Arts
View All Jobs at ALARA
ALARA is a luxury lifestyle brand dedicated to contemporary art, design, fashion, cuisine and culture.
The concept store is located in Lagos, Nigeria and will feature inspirational objects of African origin alongside international design.
ALARA was created by Reni Folawiyo, and the Lagos store has been designed by renowned architect David Adjaye - It features an exhibition-style retail space, a restaurant and terrace lounge, and an art gallery.
ALARA means "wondrous performer".
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Works with the accounting manager on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization.
- Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Creates forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Required Education and Experience
- University degree in account/finance related disciplines.
- Minimum of Five years of previous experience in a Related role.
- ACCA or other Accounts professional certifications will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
This vacancy is longer available.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ALARASimilar Jobs
- Retail Sales Associates at Deola Sagoe
- Pattern Maker at Dokadots Clothing
- Jobs at POSH BY ÀSÀBÍ