Job at The Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN)
Posted on: 10 March, 2016
Deadline: 24 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Planned Parenthood Federation Of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN), is a national non-governmental organization promoting Reproductive Health (RH) in Nigeria. As a full member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), PPFN has expanded the scope of its programs beyond family planning to cover broad reproductive health, emphasizing the needs of adolescents and young people and safe motherhood.
- Provide technical support and manage PP Global grants to partners. Specifically,
- Work with partners to develop project implementation plans and budgets.
- Work with partners to identify technical assistance (TA) needs, and tailor TA to support partner organizations’ programmatic, organizational and financial components in the course of project implementation.
- Coordinate with PPFA regional and headquarters (HQ) staff, national and international agencies, and other consultants to provide specialized training and TA to partners.
- Work with PP Global national, regional and HQ staff on country, regional and division level M&E activities and support partners to develop and implement project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans
- Work with PPFA national, regional and headquarters (HQ) finance staff to support and monitor partners’ programmatic and financial performance of assigned projects
- Write program reports and collaborate with national, regional and HQ staff on proposals writing.
- Stay updated on SRH service delivery and advocacy issues relevant to PP Global’s work and write abstracts and articles for publication and conferences presentations
- Complete special projects as assigned and required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of five years of experience, or Master's degree plus a minimum of three years of related experience in sexual and reproductive health (SRH) program implementation and management. Degree must be in public health, health related sciences or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in SRH project (programmatic and financial) planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; working with programs to identify and address SRH training and technical assistance needs; working in programs to create demand for and provide services; developing and training for clinical and/or non-clinical health workers; and providing technical assistance on SRH project implementation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with NGO experience and experience working in multi-sector programs.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through; ability to meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; data management and analysis applications; electronic literature search).
- Strong knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, particularly demand creation for services and service delivery.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills; and cultural sensitivity is imperative.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing. Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35% of time within the country of assignment.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "Application for Program Officer - Service Delivery"
Applications must include:
- One-page cover letter stating suitability for the position advertised.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume in MS word.
- Three (3) professional referees with email and telephone contact details
- Files should not exceed MB limit attachments to a single email.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Planned Parenthood Federation Of Nigeria (PPFN)Similar Jobs
- Procurement Services Specialist at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- House Master/ House Mistress/Matron at Child Life Line (“CLL”)
- Business and Program Development Lead at PACT Nigeria
- Expression of Interest at WaterAid
- Latest Jobs at Helen Keller International
- Finance Assistant at Médecins du Monde
- NPO - Surveillance at The World Health Organization (WHO)