Internet Solutions Nigeria Limited (ISN) is a leading connectivity provider serving a diverse client base in various sectors in Nigeria. Since inception in 1997, the company’s customer base has escalated to over 200 organizations which include multinational and local corporations. ISN provides a broad range of connectivity services and integrated solutions (voice, cellular backhaul, GPRS / internet, VSAT, VPNs) through its products.
We are searching for a Chartered accountant to fill in the position of Group Financial Controller for 2 IT Companies in Lagos with at least 10 years experience on that level in the Nigerian corporate sector and well experienced in handling a team of accountants, as well as Financial management, budgets, forecasts and accounting functions
- Maintain and improve reporting pack, containing management information on month by month basis, such as, but not limited to variance analysis of actual vs budgeted expenditure for all the group’s reporting divisions
- Maintain and improve the current budget reporting, assist the CFO and Head of Finance with all Board reports including forecasts and performance management reporting
- Evaluate and advise department heads on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new projects/strategies for the business.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, management reports and KPI’s analysis in order to assist the CFO, Head of Finance, the Board and other senior executives in strategic decision making.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the organistion
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of new projects and ventures.
- Monitor costs and credit control for the Group
- Assist in the external audit and tax processes when required.
- Liaising with third parties including auditors and tax consultant
Education and Training
- Master degree-level education in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (ICAN/ACCA)
- *****Advanced Microsoft Office
- Five to seven years previous work experience in a Senior managerial role within Finance dept, especially in the field of management reporting and performance management
- Experience in cost control, budgeting, variance analysis, KPI reporting and demonstration of long term strategic planning are essential
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and financial management;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- Experience in situations requiring good judgment; professionalism; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Experience of providing financial advice across departments / services in a complex, ‘multi objective’ organisation.
- Evidence of achievement in a finance role, including evidence of innovative use of risk management techniques to assist in the delivery of business objectives.
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering projects in a complex organisational setting.
Knowledge of African Tech/Media industries is added advantage
Method of Application
Send CV (only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.