Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people. This is a technically challenging work environment characterized by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We’re currently looking to recruit a FICO BW Analyst for our Port Harcourt businesses.
JOB TITLE: FICO BW ANALYST
JOB ID: F31843
LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Tracking of user compliance in SAP and other ERP systems and providing solutions .
- Reconciliation of data between ERP systems to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Work with other Team members to optimize the stability and business penetration of SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and other reporting solutions.
- Actively participate in the business process network for SAP BW FICO to provide optimal business solutions.
- Deliver the reporting requirements as outlined in MI migration Activities for 2012 & beyond.
- Evaluate and,where necessary,implement proposed reporting changes and improvement initiatives.
- Assess potential impact of organizational changes on the capabilities of the tools in the context of reporting.
- Contribute to provision of user-level support,which consists of training and analysis of issues to establish if there is a case for configuration changes or business process change requests or management information requirement.
- Participate in the development and review of training materials and support training delivery to increase user effectiveness in their own areas of the business.
- Participate in the review of potential impact of changes to SAP modules on the existing reporting and BW solutions for the corresponding business area.
- Solid understanding of SAP FICO solutions
- SAP BW competence
- Knowledge of basic SAP FICO design.
- A good understanding of relevant SAP modules to ensure changes impacting SAP FICO BW solutions are properly managed.
- Certification in any SAP module is a PLUS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with at least five years relevant experience
- Excellent inter-personal skills and purpose-driven.
Deadline: Monday 03 September 2012
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.