Career Opportunity at Novo Nordisk
Posted on: 8 March, 2016
Deadline: 28 March, 2016
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa was formed in early 2012. Novo Nordisk has an established presence with human insulin in Africa and our focus today is to sustain the growth of the market, ensure access to better quality modern insulin within the markets and support the communities living with diabetes. The affiliate covers 49 countries with regional offices in Lagos, Nairobi, and Dakar. The Country Manager for Nigeria Region is responsible for four countries: Nigeria & Ghana (manned) and Liberia & Sierra Leone (unmanned).
- Novo Nordisk is looking for a Country Manager who will create and develop business strategy, manage the organization & performance for Middle Africa’s ‘Nigeria Region’ and will be responsible for establishing long-lasting relationships with external stakeholders, authorities and customers.
- We are looking for a focused and inspirational leader who understands our key mission of Changing Diabetes®.
- As Country Manager for Nigeria Region, your key responsibilities will be to lead the development and implementation of ambitious strategies, in accordance with the overall Middle Africa affiliate objectives, and drive successful performance of the region.
- In addition, you will monitor the local competitive environment to identify business threats and opportunities and develop and implement business strategies & plans to address them.
- Your responsibility is also to establish and oversee budgets, plans, policies, and programs that will effectively implement the business strategies and objectives set together with the affiliate.
- Furthermore, you will direct and support the ongoing development of employees and organization in line with present and future business needs, thereby ensuring employability and utilization of the potential of individuals and groups.
- Finally, you will establish constructive relationships with external parties (distributors, authorities, industry, customers and suppliers, etc.), in order to enhance the corporate image and making Novo Nordisk the preferred partner.
We are looking for a candidate with a Graduate university degree in Pharmacy/Business Administration/Marketing/Finance/Medical Doctor and a Master in Business (desired).
The ideal candidate would have:
- Min. 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a related industry like medical devices or healthcare
- Min. 4 years operations experience in Africa (including ground knowledge of business in Nigeria)
- Min. 4 years in two or more of the following functions: sales, marketing, business development or finance
- Min. 4 years in a people management position – in particular motivating and leading sales teams
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in P&L management
- Proficiency in English
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with internal and external stake holders
- Experience in problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Proven ability to manage sales through distributors and networks of wholesalers.
Method of Application
To apply, visitNovo Nordisk Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Novo NordiskSimilar Jobs
- Pharmacist at HealthPlus Limited
- Registered Nurse at Julie Pharmacy
- Job Vacancy at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- National Sales and Marketing Manager at Bio-Generics Nigeria Limited
- Head of In-Country Shared Services at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Medical Sales Representative at Excel Charis Pharmaceutical Chemical Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Graduate Commercial Management Future Leaders Programme 2017
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist at a Multinational Pharmaceutical Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency