Adeleke University, Ede (AU) is a Licensed, Faith based Private University at Ede, State of Osun. The University is located in serene environment thereby providing cool and ideal climate for learning and Olympic size swimming pool and other sporting facilities for spoiling activities.
Teaching Facilities on ground: fully furnished laboratories: fully furnished modem virtual and physical libraries; ICT Laboratory and campus wide wireless internet facility.
Vision: Excelling in high quality teaching, research and innovative learning with capacity to compete globally.
Mission: The pursuit of truth and the preservation, advancement and transmission of knowledge through high-quality general, professional and vocational education towards preparing people for dedicated service to humanity.
A. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into Academic Programmes and Positions as indicated below:
- Languages and Literary Studies (English and French) – Professor/Assoc Professor
- History and International Studies - Senior Lecturer.
- Religious Studies (Christian) – Professor/Assoc Professor Sensor Lecturer.
- Microbiology - Professor/Assoc. Professor/Senior Lecturer.
- Biochemistry - Professor/Assoc Professor/Senior Lectures.
- Chemistry - Professor/Assoc. Professor/Senior Lecturer.
- Computer Science - Professor/Assoc Professor/Senior Lecturer.
- Mathematics - Professor/Assoc. Professor/ Senior Lecturer.
- Political Science - Professor/Assoc. Professor/Senior Lecturer.
- Public Administration – Professor/Assoc Professor Senior Lecturer.
- Accounting - Professor (Economies/Business Administration application)
- Mass Communication - Professor/Assoc. Professor & Lecturer I/II
- Library and information Studies Professor/Assoc. Professor Senior Lecturer.
- Librarian II
B. Academics Staff Qualification
- Professor/Associate Professor
- PhD with at least 10 years cognate experience for Professorship and 8 years cognate experience for Associate Professorship in University teaching and research in the relevant fields.
- Candidates must have outstanding record of scholarly publications along with evidence of considerable teaching and research, demonstrable capacity for academic leadership, as well as proficiency in ICT.
- Candidates are expected to be registered with recognized professional bodies as applicable.
PhD with at least 6 years cognate experience supported with a suitable number of publications and ICT proficiency.
PhD with at least 4 years teaching and research experience along with a suitable number of publications and ICT proficiency.
A candidate to be appointed as lecturer II shall normally possess a Ph. D. in addition to possessing at least a Second Class Honours Degree in the relevant fields. Candidates with M. Sc./M. Phil Qualifications may be appointed as Lecture II provided candidates have substantial number of publications as well as adequate teaching experience in the University system.
A good Misters Degree in Library Studies/Information Resource Management with evidence of current registration for the Doctoral Degree from a reputable University.
C. Salary Package
Salary and allowances which are personal and as applicable in the Federal Government consolidated unitary salary structure. Salary increment is based on productivity and contribution to the development of the University.
D. Retirement And Pension Scheme
The University operates a contributory Pension Fund in line with the National Assembly Act. It is mandatory for all staff to take part in the contributory pension scheme. The University and staff shall pay 7.5 percent each towards the fund. A staff shall not hindered by the University from drawing from the pension scheme.
- Candidates applying for any of the positions are advised to request their referees to forward three (3) confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked ‘Confidential’ in a sealed envelope.
- Must have passion for teaching.
- Must be disciplined, dedicated, loyal and well dressed.
- Must be ready to imbibe AU’s philosophy of value based education.
- Must have the ability for team-work and acceptable interpersonal relationship
- Must be ready to engage in high quality academic research and contribute meaningfully to human development.
- Must be capable of using modern teaching and research facilities including electronic interactive boards, intra-communication platforms online libraries.
F. DEADLINE: 14th September 2012
G. Method of Application
Applicants applying are required to submit (20) copies of applications with full documentation including two passport photographs, photocopies of Certificate and Awards as well as an up-to-data Curriculum Vitae giving detail information as follows:
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date and Place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit)
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address including mobile telephone number and e-mail address.
- Marital status.
- Number of children and their ages.
- Present employment Status and Salary
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic/Professional qualifications (attach copies of credentials)
- Work experience with dates.
- Conference/courses attended (State title of papers presented if any).
- Publications with dates.
- Service to National/international bodies.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Any Physical challenge?
Names and addresses of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidates work experience, one of which must be a Senior Academic in the field of candidate.
H. Candidates must also submit an online copy of their application and relevant attachments to authenticate in advance the hard copy forwarded via: firstname.lastname@example.org
I. All documents should bear the position applied for at the top left hand corner of the package and shall be addressed to:
P M. B. 250, Ede
State of Osun
Fully documented applications should be received on or before September 14, 2012.
Olusegun O. Ojo