As a Senior Social Media Strategist for a top Nigerian Bank, you will serve as an integral member of the senior management team of the Bank’s communication department. You will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communication and brand enhancement strategies relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization, especially via digital channels.
In this position you will be responsible for directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand and reputation online. You will lead the functions that takes primary responsibility for the communications elements of the bank's brand and how it perceived online. You will be required to employ a mix of proactive and reactive reputation and risk management strategies to sustain a positive outlook of the Bank’s online image. You will also act as an adviser to Senior Executives on how the Bank should go about building a holistic approach to engaging all stakeholders by leveraging on social media to pursue productive interactions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Construct and implement internal online communications policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure alignment with the bank's corporate and marketing strategic objectives.
• Oversee the development and management of communications strategies and plans that promote the Bank’s identity and brand.
• Exude leadership of the Bank’s proactive and reactive of reputation and risk management.
• Advise senior executives, management staff on the best approach/strategy to optimizing customer engagement via cost effective, digital channels.
• Work with internal and external managers to identify goals and metrics and integrate those metrics into the content development process.
• Monitor and analyse online media and other relevant digital communications channels.
• Work closely with clients and internal teams on the development of social media programs and strategies
• Prepare reports summarizing the results of social media campaigns, strategies and projects.
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in strategic communications, or any related field.
• Significant experience in guiding and negotiating with senior organisational leaders to achieve brand objectives.
• Proven track record in building reputable brand presence and customer engagement, and management of teams or initiatives.
• Knowledge and experience of branding, change management or internal communications
• Sound understanding of risk and crisis management.
• Experience and understanding of communications theory and application to facilitate organisation change.
• Should possess well developed analytical ability required to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums.
• Display strategic understanding of the social space to develop long term execution plans from client’s stated business objectives and implement those plans
Interested in this position, apply on Zoho