Job Opportunity at Eat'n'Go
Posted on: 8 March, 2016
Deadline: 20 March, 2016
View Jobs in Food Services
View Jobs posted same day
Eat'n'Go brings great taste to Africa. A restaurant group dedicated to bringing the best F&B brands and concepts to Africa, Eat'n'Go feeds your needs.
It has entered the market as the exclusive master franchisee for two great international franchises: Domino’s Pizza, a $6 billion fast food giant and Cold Stone Creamery, a $1.5 billion rising star.
- Analyse import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or localy defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary
- Responsible to analyse customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where nessasary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Accountable for performance factors related to shipping guidelines in the country
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performances are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention
- Manage day to day customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance stated
- Coordinate with Import department and arrange payments for custom duties/levies, and other clearing and forwarding payments as per requirements
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country
- Establish new and maintain existing procedures necessary to remain in compliance with Nigerian Customs legal requirements
- Interface with Nigerian Customs brokers, clearing and forwarding agents on compliance issues and continuous process improvement
- Manage and develop import SOPs and corporate compliance policies, Conduct internal regulatory audits and training; assist in the maintenance of record keeping procedures
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Anticipate research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department's own strategy, resources and procedures.
- Plan and implement import strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organization.
- Liaise with other departments (Finance and Supply Chain) in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant /import activities and support in relation to the organization's sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organization and its suppliers and customers.
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported/exported material, product, equipment within the supply chain of importer and exporter, (for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc.).
- It is essential that the individual have an extensive knowledge of the Nigerian Import Industry.
- Strong analytical skills with good Excel knowledge are al so important, as you’ll frequently produce both routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis, making recommendations to ensure the best approach is adopted at all times to satisfy both commercial and operational requirements.
- Duty Drawback experience
- Minimum of 6 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Applicants should be 30years and above.
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for both import and export.
- Must have appropriate Knowledge of Inspection agents, Banks, Shipping Companies and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for Imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes. ‘Mastery of the Internet for Business Purposes
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this position. An incumbent must be able to perform all of the essential duties outlined above.
- This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. An employee holding this position will be required to perform any other position- related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Digital Marketing Executive at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
- Sales Representative at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
- Junior Internal Auditor at a Bakery - Stresert Services Limited
- Job Openings at Drinks.ng
- Jobs at a Confectionery Company - Leadhire Limited
- Camp Boss At NewRest Group