Technical Vacancy at Jagal Group
Posted on: 6 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Reporting to: Foreman-Electrical
- Achieving department and customer operation goals; ensuring ongoing equipment (systems) reliability through preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, troubleshooting, analysis and equipment upgrades.
Key aims and objectives:
- Perform repairs with minimum supervision, take responsibility and make decisions to see the job completion within time demands.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; working in a safe and effective manner.
- Respond to all equipment breakdowns in a timely manner based on priority systems.
- Diagnose and apply results with the use of voltmeters, amps meters & oscilloscopes.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment.
- Troubleshoot PLC controls & instrumentation on a wide variety of industrial applications.
- Work as a part of a team to troubleshoot and repair equipment, including disassembly and reassembly electrical equipment/machinery.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program for plant equipment.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards (5S) and quality checks.
- Maintain parts and work records on computerized maintenance system.
- Troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems through the use of electrical schematics (blue prints), panel layouts or manufacturer’s specifications to effect repair.
- Provide required shift change hand-off information on equipment repairs or work orders to shift coordinator.
- Make recommendations to improve equipment operation/efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve maintenance service to customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility when tasks are reassigned or altered.
- Follow maintenance quality and standard operating procedures as established.
- Assist and support the department in achieving and maintaining budgetary goals.
- Support and assist mechanics with expertise in electrical equipment.
- Maintains assigned equipment, and tools for the purpose of ensuring availability in a safe operating condition. Monitor the electrical work of contractors for the purpose of ensuring that the projects are satisfactory completed and within specifications.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, trainings and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and conveying information.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Coordinates with assigned foreman and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Inspect electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating conditions, identifying necessary repairs and recommending PM.
- Maintain an accurate log of all parts used and assist in maintaining inventory.
- Maintain compliance with all company policy and procedure guidelines.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical and pneumatic transducers and hydraulic system/controls.
- Troubleshoot and maintaining PLC and SLC along with 24-volt and 110-volt control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair of DC Controllers and AC Drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical relay and alarm systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical motor control circuity.
- Troubleshoot and repair phased and DC electric motors.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical power generation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical switch-gear equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair DC battery banks and battery chargers.
- Remove, install, repair and test low-voltage distribution panels.
- Test, troubleshoot and replace electrical lighting systems.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair HVAC system.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair AC variable frequency motor drives.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair UPS system.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair fire and gas detection equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair low to high voltage equipment.
- Interpret computer diagnostics of electrical/electronic control systems
- Technical College or HND, certified in electrical-electronics or its equivalents.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Computer familiarly and capable of adapting to new computer programs.
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethics with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record.
- Willingness to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Minimum four year of experience.
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather.
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces.
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights.
- Willing to work overtimes, on shift arrangement, holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willing to support company’s alcohol & drug-free work environment, which will include random alcohol and drug screening.
- Hands on experience.
- Complex Problem Solving; identify complex problems and reviewing related information’s to develop and evaluate options and implement solution.
- Ability to stand for long periods with occasional laying down, stooping and crouching plus frequent lifting.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Jagal HRSmart portal
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Trainer - Welding at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
- Job Vacancies at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions Limited
- Mechanical Engineers at Aldelia Limited
- Facility Manager at Integrated Oil And Gas Limited
- Safety & Quality Manager at an Oil and Gas Company
- UFR Offshore Company Representative at COMSIP
- Head, Brand & Corporate Communications at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Turbine Specialist at an Oil and Gas Firm - Rovedana Limited