Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Job Purpose Business - Continuity Management (BCM)
- Be accountable to the Regional Head of BCM AME and West Africa Cluster CEO for delivery of Group Policy and Process for Business Continuity across the AME to required standards, encompassing all key responsibilities detailed below.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to all Countries, Businesses, and Functions, on the development, maintenance, and testing of the Bank’s Business Continuity framework across the cluster.
- Provide Country BCM support to country CEO of local responsibility.
Key Responsibilities Business - Continuity Management (BCM)
- Support Country BCMs in implementation and ongoing review of Business Continuity recovery strategies in all Countries within the AME Cluster. Ensure they are in line with Group standards and meet the needs of the local business. Ensure that all Business Continuity space (internal and external), is being properly maintained so that it is available when required.
- Support all BCM related audit activity within the AME Cluster. Review audit responses made by the Country BCM’s and ensure that any observations on areas of Policy or Process are escalated swiftly for resolution by the Regional Head of BCM.
- Ensure that BCM regulatory requirements are being monitored in all Countries within the AME Cluster and that these are checked at least annually with local Compliance Heads.
- Ensure assurance reporting against BCM controls are delivered on a monthly basis from all Countries in the AME Cluster and for consolidating assurance data for the Regional Head of BCM for the Group Head of BCM and Regional COO.
- Providing subject matter expertise into any response to events that lead to activation of Business Continuity Plans (BCP’s), or Crisis Management Groups at the cluster / country level
- Ensure BCMs in the cluster are appropriately trained in their Business Continuity Manager duties, and provide support and guidance as required
- Support Regional BCM in Delivery of an effective Crisis Management framework
- Provide timely MIS to Regional BCM on activities, tests, and incidents in all Countries within the AME Cluster
Country BCM Related Responsibilities:
- In addition to the Cluster Head role ensure all Country BCM responsibilities are carried out at the country of local responsibility.
- Together with technology teams, ensure IT DR capability meet local business recovery requirements
- Maintain a BCM activity schedule that includes exercising country IT DR plans
- Be responsible for maintaining local BCP sites (including host/refugee, common area locations), to ensure that they are available and functional for use in the event of an emergency situation
- Establish and maintain a community of Department Continuity Coordinators (DCC's) across the country for the development, maintenance, and testing of Business Continuity plans for all departments
Key Relationships (Internal & External)
- Cluster CEO / MT as key stakeholders for governance oversight of the delivery of an effective BCM framework
- Regional Business Continuity Management for BCM implementation effectiveness and line management reporting
- Cluster / Country Property teams for ongoing management of recovery space requirements
- Country Compliance for regulatory tracking and interpretation
- Country Crisis Management Group members
- Country BCM’s (and DCC’s) for delivery of the BCM framework
- Business and Function Heads for key controls within the BCM framework
- Cluster / Country Technology Teams for alignment of BCP and IT DR
- Regulatory bodies for BCM
- Professional Business Continuity associations / companies
- Counterparts in other Financial Institutions
- Staff, Customer, and Regulator confidence by implementing an appropriate Business Continuity capabilities in accordance with Group Policy, Process, and recognised best practice in the BCM industry.
Judgement/ Complexity - A high level of judgement is needed when:
- Providing balanced cost : risk advice to Region / Country MT’s, Businesses, and Functions on the development of Business Continuity strategies and solutions to be implemented in recovery plans.
- Analysing the changing risk landscape in different markets that have potential impact on the type of recovery strategies that are appropriate for the local risk profile, and recommending appropriate actions to manage these risks.
- Reports Directly to: Regional Head of Business Continuity Management Line Management and Functional Management
- Matrix Reports to: Cluster Head Properties West Africa Business Unit Reporting
- Direct Reports: Full time Country Business Continuity Managers within the AME Cluster Line Management and Functional Management
- Indirect Reports: Non full time Country Business Continuity Managers within the West Africa Cluster Functional Management
Know How and Experience:
- An understanding of Banking Operations and the Regulatory requirements governing Banking Operations
- An understanding of the technological infrastructure and IT systems used in the Bank
- An aptitude to acquire professional knowledge and educational accreditation in Business Continuity Planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to analyse complex issues and translate these into clear and concise reports to facilitate decisions required from Senior Management
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of initiative
- Preferably a person of professional standing with experience of both the technical and managerial aspects of Business Continuity, IT Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management planning
- Advice given by the jobholder could directly influence expenditure within Region, Country, business unit, or function.
- Inadequate or inappropriate advice can lead to avoidable business interruption, unnecessary expenditure, or regulatory sanction.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Standard Chartered Bank Career Page