About MacTay Group
The MacTay Group is a leading consulting company with its sole aim to nurture and improve growth in people and establishments by offering strategic and operations consulting services.
Our 30 year success story has been one filled with excitement and fulfilment for our clients, overcoming difficult challenges, cutting across Private, Public and social sectors while staying true to our beliefs that limitations are only a figment of the imagination, with our committed and innovative team, we have proved this time and again.
Our focus has always been to maximize output, performance and excellence, and this can be attested to by the numerous brands we have worked with in West Africa.
Our major driving force is our deep seated passion to improve performance using the best possible initiative ideas, supporting our clients to improve and modify, exceeding expectations and in the end creating ultimate satisfaction. We are constantly on the edge of transforming, as we believe that nothing is impossible.
The MacTay Group is looking to recruit business development executives. The role involves working as part of a young, dynamic and highly talented team. This role requires co-creating and implementation of strategies as well as designing and delivering compelling presentations. Applicants must have a flair for business development, networking and strategy.
• The primary focus and objective will be to develop new buying centers in target accounts
• Develop leads into opportunities and convert into new accounts
• Leverage on knowledge of industry trends and client challenges to develop and deliver compelling value propositions
• Assist in the assessment, design, and development of technical requirements and solutions
• Support the development of project proposals; employ data gathering techniques and analysis in order to present proposed solutions to clients
• Manage client expectations throughout the sales cycle and closing process
• Develop and manage a pipeline of qualified opportunities
• Attend networking events and conferences both locally and internationally
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in selling complex business solutions in a consulting environment
• Comprehensive understanding of targeted industry business environments, issues and current trends
• Qualified applicants must demonstrate a consistent ability to exceed sales targets
• This is a “hunter” role and qualified candidates must provide examples of their ability to generate organic revenue growth via prospecting tools and techniques
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior executives within middle market companies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills
• Demonstrated commitment to stay abreast of industry trends across multiple business sectors
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, competitive sales culture
• Ability to travel extensively as required
• High level of personal and professional integrity
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
- Passion for :
- Key Accounts Management
- Relationship Management
- Pitching for New Business
Other additional skills:
Problem Solving: Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
Nature of Impact: Routinely impacts quality, timeliness of results and revenues.
Interpersonal Skills: Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
Negotiation Skills: Negotiates aggressively internally and externally at high levels or with persons of influence frequently.
Presentation Skills: Ability to design and deliver compelling business presentations.
Min. Education: Undergraduate degree required.
Human Resource Management with some outsourcing experience and track record with selling services (would be a bonus)
Lots of Travel
go to method of application »
The role is responsible for the design, alignment and implementation of the company’s vision, mission, values and strategy. Focuses on conceptualising and formulating strategy, strategic initiatives and translating them to the day-to-day activities of the company while evaluating organisational performance in line with those goals.
- Support the Divisional Operations Manager in creating the company’s 5-year strategic plan, including annual operating plans (AOP), short and long range forecasting and development of individual, team and corporate goals.
- Articulate the company’s mission in a clear and concise way that can speak to customers and employees at all levels.
- Manage the delivery of documents relating to the strategic plan.
- Set timetable and process for review of the strategic plan, and advise
- on redevelopment in the run up to the next strategic period
- Collaborate with senior management to devise effective short and long term plans.
- Analyse financial and strategic implications of portfolio decisions and recommend action
- Analyse the success of products, projects and activities.
- Assess the company’s many different projects from the products & services down to the daily administrative activities to make sure they align with the company’s goals.
- Evaluate the economic and financial viability of the company by using management strategies, financial accounting, human resources planning, customer relations methodologies and technologies.
- Communicate the company’s official stance on its mission to external sources and internally to all personnel.
- Discover ways to increase profitability by eliminating wasteful practices and expediting product delivery.
- Undertake research into competitive strategies, evaluating competition and determining new strategic direction for the ICT industry.
- Track, analyse and report competitive intelligence to relevant functions so as to modify, strategies and tactics for implementing organisational objectives.
- Lead and support management in application and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Line manage the Corporate Executives and work with him/her to develop, monitor and evaluate a set of policy dialogue and public affairs objectives that advance the organisation’s strategic aims.
- Take lead writing responsibility for particular policy and position papers
- Champion and support the company’s policy communications strategy internally and externally.
- Contribute to the delivery of the policy communications strategy through attendance at assigned meetings or holding assigned relationships.
- Represents the company in official functions.
- Develops new business opportunities by leverage contacts, pursuing new product development, and improving project efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations.
- Establish and lead the collection of key business metrics, dashboards and scorecards to evaluate the ongoing health of the business and the effectiveness of product launches, R&D initiatives and marketing programs and other functions.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Strategic Planning & Communication – Effective coordination, and leadership of the organisation’s strategic planning activities and processes. Effective communication of agreed corporate strategy to the entire workforce.
- Strategy Evaluation – effective selection and appropriateness of strategy based on sound evaluation principles.
- Execution, Monitoring and Evaluation – consistent implementation of organisational objectives and periodic measurement of results.
- Strong knowledge of management strategies, financial accounting, human resource planning, customer relations, and implementation of new technologies.
- Good knowledge of research, data analysis and coordination.
- Sound industry knowledge, and strategic management principles.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategic planning, business management, corporate leadership, and financial decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, finance, or marketing required.
- Masters of Business Administration is added advantage
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability work independently
- Managerial skills
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Communication skills
go to method of application »
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short/long-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. Furthermore, Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied, while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budget
- Manage project resource allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Quality assurance
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Delivering the project on schedule, with budget and within scope
- Adherence to agreed processes
- Engaging in the pursuit of continual training and development
- Exhibiting the appropriate behaviours
- Acting in the best interest of the company
- Continually looking to drive down costs, implement lean initiatives, looking at new opportunities and innovation for both the company and customers.
- knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Qualification in project management or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- A minimum of a B.SC. / HND
- A good knowledge of project management
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal relationships skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Ability to motivate people
go to method of application »
This Job role manages sales of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area, province or country. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of account managers.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product/solution’s knowledge development.
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organisational sales goals and revenues
- Set individual sales targets with sales team
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the company’s presence throughout Nigeria and beyond.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product/solution and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Evaluate performance of sales staff
- Provide feedback, support and coaching to the sales team
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports and cyclical sales meetings.
- Provide support to HR in planning specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- Personally observe the performance of the regional managers on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales team so that they possess sufficient sales and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products/solutions in an accurate and balanced manner.
- Relate with and attend partner meetings regularly.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Achievement of company’s sales target
- Ensure company’s profitability
- Maintain a good working relationship with team members.
- A satisfied clientele portfolio
- A vibrant sales workforce
- Continuous improvement in the sales methodologies that translate to wealth creation.
- Market Knowledge
- Product/Solutions Knowledge
- Customers’ knowledge
- Competition’s knowledge
- A minimum of 8 years sales experience, of which 3 years are at managerial level in active capacity.
- A minimum qualification of first degree in any related field.
- An MBA degree or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- Strategic prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Rapport building on call
- Planning & organising skills
- Active listening skills
- Team leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Effective writing skills
- Closing techniques
- Relationship management skills
- Possess the ability to develop team
- Leadership skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Mactay's career site on Workable