Salary: N 3,753,415 p.a
Based: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract: 1 year contract
Closing Date: 14 September 2012
A senior national position of Programme Officer has been established and will be based in CCFN office in Abuja.
The Programme Officer will be responsible for, among others, monitoring
and supporting CAFOD funded programmes in Nigeria, focusing on
governance/peace building and gender mainstreaming, with possible
humanitarian support as required.
- To accompany and contribute to the institutional development of
CAFOD partners in Nigeria. This will include accompanying and supporting
CAFOD’s partner, CCFN, in resource mobilisation through assisting in
the development of an organisational funding strategy and large-scale
- To support advocacy initiatives on governance/peace building that
are led by CCFN and/or its Church partners in Nigeria, providing and
facilitating support from colleagues in London where appropriate.
- To accompany CAFOD’s longer term development programme in Nigeria,
identifying opportunities for programme development on governance/peace
building and gender.
- To represent CAFOD externally with the government agencies and among
CSOs and the Caritas network in particular and capture learning from
the programming work and feed this learning back into the wider
- Excellent organisational development, writing and communication
skills, experience in fundraising work, and a commitment to be part of a
- Vast experience and ability to work with wide variety of partners (including faith based organisations)
- Experience of delivering and monitoring and reporting on programmes; Knowledge and experience of accountability standards is essential as well as good numeracy and IT skills,
- Ability and willingness to travel, often at short notice