Job at Productive People Limited
Posted on: 4 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Productive People Limited
Productive People was founded in 2014 in partnership with 2 of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies providing contract, retained and permanent recruitment solutions to the global market place. Productive People specialises in supplying the most productive people available in all major economic sectors. The core business objective of Productive People is to be the best at providing the best. With our internationally competitive management team, and our small team of well trained staff, this is not just an objective, but an attainable goal.
- The Modern Trade Manager will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and is primarily concerned with ensuring that there is high sales turnover from modern trade and ensuring that the products of the company is seen and showcased appropriately to improve the brand image of the company. The responsibilities of the MTM includes strategizing, planning and ensuring that he lead, motivate, direct and review his team to meet the company's sales target/objectives. He takes care of volume targets, category targets and tertiary sales (to end Consumers through merchandising, display and on-ground visibility).
- He will act and think as a leader. He will align the region values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Sell/Cover all Modern Trade outlets within the defined geography
- Lead with direct team responsibility
- Manage relationships at stores, distribution centers, zonal offices of all the Modern Trade chains
- Lead a team of merchandisers & promoters to drive visibility and off takes through the modern trade outlets
- Manage exclusive Modern Trade distributor based in Chennai & Hyderabad
- Drive sales in Modern Trade in assigned geography with alignment of plans with the traditional trade team (BSM/ASM)
- Coordinate with Modern Trade account teams and customer marketing teams on plans and inputs to maximize sales from the channel
- Close monitoring and relationship with Distributors and their manpower, with full quality ensured
- Reviving and instilling brand awareness in coverage area
- Cost controls and improving cost efficiency.
- Monitoring channel payment.
- Timely liquidation of old stock (slow-moving)
- Accountable for any liability of spoil stock due to aging/ expired stock.
- Review, Governance and Training/ Counseling of Sales Representatives and Sales Officers
- Guide and Motivate to ensure better productivity & morale
- Develop skills for subordinates through on-the-job coaching in the field.
Reporting and Feedback
- Daily sales reports in time
- Feedback reports of new launch products
- Immediate feedback of competitors- activity.
- Presenting monthly meeting reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hold a pertinent university Degree.
- Strong relevant network
- Strong Process knowledge of sales operations especially in Modern trade
- Ability to manage teams
- Good influence, selling skills, promotion planning, trade spend management
- Ability to foresee future requirements keeping in mind the changing organization needs.
- Ability to do multi tasks and be comfortable with some ambiguity.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Very strong Demonstrated Sales & Distribution ability
- Must have managerial experience from FMCG industry
- Fluent in English & Local Language.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Productive People Career Page on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Productive People LimitedSimilar Jobs
- GT Mechanical Installation - Azura Edo at NES Global Talent
- Human Resource Roles at Bellforte Consulting
- Account & Admin Officer at TheJobMag
- Teacher - Early Years at Management FIRST
- Lawyers at HT-Limited
- Personal Assistant at Paul Esther Consulting
- ELV Engineer at Safety Consultants and Solutions Provider Limited
- Entry-level Marketing/Sales Officers at W-Holistic Business Solutions