If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The University of Uyo is classified by the National Universities Commission (NUC), for funding purposes, as one of the second generation Universities in Nigeria even though it was founded as a Federal University in 1991. On inception, it inherited the two campuses of the former University of Cross River State, which it replaced. The latter was founded in 1983 as a State University. The University currently has twelve faculties. It occupies a Town Campus and its Annexe and a Main Campus which is a few kilometers away from the Town Campus and its Annexe. The University is committed to the development of highest academic standards both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The position will be filled in accordance with the relevant provision of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. 11 of 1993 and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act 2003.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below in Federal University of Uyo, Nigeria which will become vacant from 1st September, 2016:
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University, except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualification and Experience
- The right Candidate for the job must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, with at least, Fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience, preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- Possession of higher Degree(s), professional qualifications, membership of relevant professional bodies will be added advantage.
- The Candidate should not be older than 60 years upon appointment and should be at the retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure.
- The candidate must be of good health and demonstrate versatility in the management of staff and students as well as host communities matters in the fast growing institution.
- The preferred Candidate must show verifiable evidence of consummate management and leadership positions.
- The Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations, and be ready to work in a team. In addition, the candidate must have adequate competence in the use of computer.
Condition of Service
- The conditions attached to the position are as generally applicable in the Nigerian University System and as may, from time to time, be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to submit Fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their Application letters, Credentials, and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone No.
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates where applicable)
- Working Experience, General and Specific Experiences (with dates)
- Present Employment Status, Salary (Detailing work schedule)
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and address of three Referees. The Referees should forward their Reference Reports on the Candidate under confidential cover directly to: The Vice-Chancellor
Application should be marked "Confidential" (For the attention of the Vice-Chancellor) at the top left corner of the envelope, and send to:
University of Uyo,
Akwa lbom State.
Note: Late applications will not be entertained. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.