Job Opportunity at II Marine Limited
Posted on: 4 March, 2016
Deadline: 12 March, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at II Marine Limited
II Marine Limited, is a growing indigenous dredging and shipping company incorporated in Nigeria, providing various services in Maritime and Oil & Gas Sectors. The company is involved in dredging and marine services etc and render excellent and qualitative services to its valued customers taking into consideration the vast experience of their management team who has acquired a lot of expertise and exposure in their various fields of endeavor. Our strength is in the depth of our Total Project.
- As personal assistant to the MD you will be working closely with the MD on a daily basis, providing administrative support, on a one-to-one basis.
- Your job will be to manage the MD's daily itinerary and perform other secretarial and administrative tasks.
- You will need extensive knowledge of the organisation, including the company's aims and objectives.
- You will be expected to know names, numbers and context for all the major clients, suppliers and artisans that MD works with.
- MD will be relying heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in his absence.
- Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes you must display in all your activities.
- You will often act as MD 's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.
Typical Work Activities Include:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Cordination of contractors for the Company
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often handling correspondence on behalf of MD;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring MD is well-prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Deputizing for MD, making decisions and delegating work to others in his absence;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.;
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with MD if necessary;
- Attend meetings and generate minutes of the meeting.
- In addition to supporting MD, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities.
The Scope of the PA's role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Business development/Marketing
- Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of MD's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Being involved in decision-making processes
Some of the more practical tasks you will carry out include:
- Ensuring the office is cleaned, AC on and daily schedule on the desk before the time MD gets to the office
- Ensuring that MD's phone bill is paid on time
- Taking note of birthdays of clients, staff, family, friends and other important contacts (organizing for gifts and cards to be sent out)
- Note of other important dates and events in the calendar
- Finding out important events and functions MD should be aware of and may want to attend including meetings, outings, exhibitions and conferences (both local and international)
- A B.Sc./HND graduate with a minimum of two years working experience in a similar role.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letters and CVs to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about II Marine LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Openings at Gulf Treasures Limited
- Strategy and Planning Analyst at SunTrust Oil Company Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Oando Gas and Power Limited
- Business Development Manager at Librod Energy Services Limited
- Current Openings at a Reputable Petroleum Company
- Fresh Recruitment at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Finance Roles at the Luxxor Group