Career Opportunities at Jhpiego
Posted on: 3 March, 2016
Deadline: 17 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Jhpiego, an Affiliate, of Johns Hopkins University is implementing a 3 years Bill and Melinda Gate funded project in Nigeria and Kenya. The Nigeria project is to be implemented in Nassarawa state. The project proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the Nigerians contests that will support the MOH to operationalize its guidelines and test whether their alternative model of ANC is more effective, feasible, and acceptable than the Current standard of care at achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services. The project is designed for high-volume government health facilities and will explore the opportunities and challenges of different settings (urban, pen-urban, and rural) to inform scale-up.
- The Program manager will provide vision, leadership and direction to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of the entire project is met, the position will be Adamawa state based but it will involve extensive travel to the project state (Nassarawa) as needed.
- The manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach with consortium members and key stakeholders.
- He/she will serve as the primary point of contact with the State Ministry of Health and its agencies and other stakeholders and will report to Jhpiego Country Director or his Designate.
- Ensure compliance with the program agreement results and the oversight of program activities to achieve the stated objectives
- Provide technical leadership in the design, analysis, and synthesis of intervention
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Write and/or review technical components of materials and publications related to the project and its development
- Work closely with Jhpiego Nigeria office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
- Advanced Degree (Masters - minimum) in Public Health, Health Administration, International Health or a related field, Clinical degree preferred (Physician,Advanced Practice Nurse, Midwife)
- A minimum of 8 years of project management experience (of which at least half is in a senior management position) in large multi-year international health sector development programs that have - implemented successful activities in areas such as reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health
- Management, training or clinical background in reproductive, maternal, newborn and/or child health
- Expertise in research to practice -identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities
- Fluent in written and spoken English and excellent with the use of computer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jhpiego - John Hopkins UniversitySimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria