The CCO will report directly to the General Manager and is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organization. The role will require a combination of strong selling skills with strong marketing and business development skills. The CCO will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the company’s product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. The CCO will lead the sales and marketing teams in drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives.
He will act and think as a leader. He will align the commercial department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on key customers and work closely in concert with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives. Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance. Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development and customer support/customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, field sales organization, distributors and value-added-resellers to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop annual sales and marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Interact with the sales operations teams to ensure a smooth flow through process in the CRM system from the outset to the closing stage.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics to ensure outstanding service and customer support.
- Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization.
- Develop and administer incentive plans which entice individuals as well as teams to perform successfully against the objectives while respecting the budget.
- Elaborate a rolling three (3) year product roadmap in conjunction with the NPI (New Product Introduction) committee and lead its implementation.