Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds & London we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Medical, and Finance, Insurance, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors.
- The Client: Mackenzie Stuart is working with a leading multimodal logistics company operating globally in multiple industries.
- They are looking to foster the rapid growth of several key verticals.
- Due to expansion, the business requires an experienced Managing Director level individual to help drive growth for their regional operations with leading verticals such as Fashion, Retail, Automotive, & FMCG.
- Targeting new procedures & solutions across the specific target verticals in their multiple industries, and by internal operations too, you will utilise your high level relationships to help set the structures in place to secure sales growth and to align the business with the strategic intents outlined.
- This position will involve fostering new relationships, taking final decisions on which to keep and which to cut, and generating new business to be fostered for the long-term.
- The position will lead each country’s white and blue collar staff (circa 1000), reporting to the Regional Director.
- The business is seeking someone with a background in Shipping/Supply Chain Management solutions at a senior operations, sales and commercial, level to control the regional SCM function.
- You should possess at least 10 years experience in Shipping/Logistics, consistently performing to ensure sales targets are hit and the logistical aspects are satisfied on a day-to-day, and strategic, level, with blue chip organisations.
- Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills through prior experience on an International level.
- Ideally the candidate will have managed a large sized P+L before.
- Grassroots experience in a logistics environment in a number of different disciplines and locations would be highly beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be based in the Nigeria with varied language skills Due to the large number of applications if you have not heard anything within 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
go to method of application »
Mackenzie Stuart is working with a leading global provider of Freight Forwarding, Shipping and Agency Services
They provide multi-modal forwarding solutions, high-end shipping services and supply chain optimisation solutions worldwide. The client are looking to grow from their strong platform in Nigeria and across West Africa as a whole – with the Oil & Gas, General Cargo and Agency Services as the key driver.
- Due to plans for restructuring and subsequent growth, the business requires an experienced Country Manager/Managing Director candidate with a background in the Oil & Gas, General Cargo and Agency Services as the key driver.
- Targeting leading clients within select industry verticals – and by optimising internal operations – you will utilise your high level relationships to help set the structures in place to secure sales growth and to align the business with the strategic intents outlined.
- This is a role that combines both a testing team leadership environment and the need for business development and growth.. Any applicant will be required to provide evidence of business development skills and experience in leading teams where there has been a challenging conflict between local and expatriate staff.
- Obviously the position is based in a very challenging environment and so any experience in areas such as this would be preferred.
- The business is seeking someone with a background in Country Management and Managing Director positions – Air & Ocean Freight but critically any experience in Shipping or Ships Agency work will be of great assistance.
- The company requires experience of the West African market as an essential pre-requisite for the role
- As the candidate will be tasked with leading the function country-wide, any experience at this level will make any candidate stand out from others of a similar background. Evidence of ‘hunting’ and achieving key contracts is a must. ‘Expat versus local relationship’ – guidance skills required.
- Applicants MUST speak BOTH English AND have previous experience in the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industries respectively (individuals without these pre-requisites will NOT be considered)
- Degree level educational qualifications will assist any worthy candidate.
- Due to the large number of applications if you have not heard anything within 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Mackenzie Stuart Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale