National Hospital, Abuja - The Hospital was originally designed to cater for the needs of women and children in Nigeria and the West African sub-region with a view to reduce morbidity and mortality rates, and to carry out extensive research into the peculiar causes of women and children- related diseases in Africa.
- The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director for day-today general administration of the Hospital. He shall be the Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director on general administration matters and Secretary to the Board of Management.
In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the administrative department;
- Participating in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and/or the Board;
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director, may from time to time assign to him/her.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree in any of the disciplines of Social Sciences, Humanities or any professional qualification with bias in administration from a recognized University or its equivalent;
- Candidates must have had at least twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience;
- Possession of Master’s Degree or any other relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in Hospital Management or any of the disciplines specified in (i) above would be an added advantage;
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage;
- Applicants who have less than four (4) years to retirement need not apply.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary and Condition of Service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officer (CONHESS 15).
The Director of Administration shall hold office, for a period of a maximum period of eight years only, effective from the date of appointment inclusive of any period served as a Director in any other organization in the Public Service, provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or thirty-five (35) years in service (whichever is earlier) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Method of Application
Applicants are to forward fifteen (15) copies of their application along with photocopies of their credentials and details of Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following:
- Full Names
- Place and date of birth
- Home address
- Contact address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children(if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience
- Present employment indicating present status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Referees (3)
In a sealed envelope marked "Application for the Post of Director of Administration, on the top left hand corner the envelope and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
Plot 132, Central Business District (Phase II),
P. M. B. 425,
Garki - Abuja.