Procurement Role at International Foundation for Electoral Systems - IFES
Posted on: 2 March, 2016
Deadline: 1 April, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Foundation for Elec
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Location: Nigeria, Abuja
Division: Program Management
Position Number: C16:06
IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES provides targeted technical assistance to strengthen transitional democracies. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries. IFES has been in Nigeria since 1998 and had been working with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the State Independent Electoral Commission, civil society, the judiciary and the political parties among several other stakeholders.
- Lead the day-to-day procurement process.
- Participate in the recruitment of a local procurement officer and conduct his/her training on IFES procurement policies.
- Work with the IFES C&G Administrator and the HQ Nigeria program team to identify possible solutions to expedite emergency procurement requests when necessary.
- Hold regular calls with C&G Administrator and HQ Nigeria Program team to discuss procurement developments.
- Train local staff on required procurement processes that must be followed, with emphasis on the new IFES procurement policy effective February 1, 2016. The training must be conducted within 1 week after start of the consultancy, with follow-up “refresher” training sessions implemented, as necessary.
- Train local staff to monitor vendor performance and ensure that commodities procured or services provided meet the quality standards described in the contract deliverables.
- Ensure that all commodities procured meet the appropriate USG standards for quality, efficacy and safety or other such appropriate standards; train local staff on same.
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing procurements for USAID-funded programs in the field of democracy, governance, and/or elections within the NGO community.
- At least 4 years of experience in a mid or senior level procurement role.
- Experience interpreting and implementing procurement policy
- Experience training staff on procurement processes.
- Experience conducting vendor verification and drafting procurement documentation such as selection memos and contracts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated liaising skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in Nigeria or sub-Saharan Africa highly preferred.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IF...Similar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria