ARM Capital Partners, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company (ARM) Limited, is an institutional manager of PE funds. Currently, the Company is advising ARM PE Fund, a mid-market private equity fund, pursuing growth and expansion opportunities in Nigeria and, to a lesser extent, the rest of West Africa. ARM is recruiting on behalf of its Investee Company; Boulos Food and Beverages for a Cost Accountant.
Boulos Food and Beverages(“BFB”) is a food and beverage manufacturing firm based in Ibadan, Nigeria. BFB manufactures and markets branded non-alcoholic drinks, evaporated milk and tomato paste products for the Nigerian market. The company is based in Ibadan, Oyo State.
• To act as the costing expert and keeper of costing system for the organization
• To provide timely, accurate and complete product costing for management account
• Develop and enhance the cost accounting processes across the organization
• Identify cost reduction opportunity for the organization
• Documentation of cost accounting and inventory processes and procedures across the factories of the organization.
Reporting Relationships• Reports directly to the Head of Finance
• Interact with the commercial team
• Interact with the factory team and other supply chain team
Principal Accountabilities:I. Maintain accurate and timely costing across all aspects of the production process and ensure that these consistently reflect the true picture. Ensure cost data is allocated correctly and take corrective action to resolve issues
II. Ensure that the Bill of Materials reflect correct usage levels and support investigations of any major variances with a view to resolution
III. Ensure that the material costs give an accurate picture of current costs, taking into account stock levels on hand
IV. Coordinate and ensure effective month end close activities for both manufacturing and other supply chain activities
V. Effective analysis of material price variance between the budget and actual
VI. Review current cost accounting processes/ controls and continuously seek to enhance the same
VII. Document cost accounting and inventory processes/ procedures
VIII. Prepare relevant and actionable monthly reports
IX. Ensure proper allocation of costs and variances into finished products.
Desired Skills and Experience