The Federal University of Technology, Akure - The Albert Ilemobade Library (AIL) is the major repository of all academic resources (books, journals, theses, government documents, etc) which serves the needs of both staff and students of the University as well as other interested users in the Community. The Albert Ilemobade Library (AIL) is the epicentre of academic information of the University.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary, have the ability to provide good leadership and command respect and loyalty of staff of the University Library.
- Candidates must also possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration and coordination of the University Library, its branches and extensions and providing services for the entire University community.
- He/she will be required to administer the Albert llemobade Library (AIL) and develop it to meet the University's increasing needs especially for its post-graduate and research programmes.
- In addition, he/she is responsible fr:
- Framing Library policies, making personal contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements as well as giving professional advice on library matters
- Preparing library budgets
- Establishing policy for Library exchange
- Engaging in matters of common interest for the benefit of readers and users of the Library
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor
Qualification and Experience
- Possess a good honours Degree, Master's in Library Studies (MIS) and Ph.D
- Possess at least fifteen (15) years of cognate experience working in academic Library
- Not be below the rank of a Deputy Librarian
- Have scholarly publications in reputable journals
- Must be a member of the following:
- Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria
- Nigeria library Association
- Be highly computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to the running of a complex and modern University library.
- The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as are applicable tothe librarian in any Federal University in Nigeria.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of Five(5) years and may be extended for a further period of one year only, after which the Librarian shall relinquish the past and be assigned to other duties in the University if an internal candidate.
- The appointment is further governed by the Federal Government Establishment circulars as may be adopted by the Governing Council from time to time.
- Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle, a driver and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit Twenty-five (25) photocopies of Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and other credentials to:
- Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Present Home Address
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/E-mail Address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Post applied for
- Educational institution attended (with dates)
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained (with dates) attach 3 copies of your credentials
- Present employment, status and salary both in level and amount
- Statement of experience , including full details of former and present post
- Extra-curricula activities
- Name and address of 3 referees
- Signature and date
All applications should be forwarded to:
Federal University of Technology,