Job Vacancy at Intercontinental Hotels
Posted on: 29 February, 2016
Deadline: 30 March, 2016
View Jobs in Hospitality
View Jobs posted same day
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos's port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you're into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
Job Number: LAG000278
Do you see yourself as an Assistant F&B Manager?
- What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, gardening, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
- This challenging position has overall responsibility for daily audit control over the revenue, accounts receivable, food and beverage accounting and general accounting functions of the hotel to ensure accuracy and adherence to all policies and regulations. At the moment we're looking for an Assistant F&B Manager to join our energetic and enthusiastic Food & Beverage team at InterContinental Lagos.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the Food & Beverage Department.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Conduct, under the guidance of the Food & Beverage Director, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, on-the-job performance appraisal, coaching and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Develop formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training sessions for Food & Beverage Department employees.
- Conduct F&B daily briefs in the absence of Food & Beverage Director and attends weekly Department heads' and Food & Beverage monthly meetings.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Food & Beverage Director in his/her absence.
- Perform other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Director in controlling and analysing on an on-going basis the following:
- Quality levels of product and service.
- Guest satisfaction.
- Merchandising and marketing.
- Operating costs.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Director with the compilation of new menus and beverage lists.
- Oversee the preparation, presentation and service of Food & Beverage products to ensure highest quality at all times.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests.
- Understand and anticipate guest needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience.
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations.
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all InterContinental Hotels Group hotels in our region and all F&B activities.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Director in all administrative areas including, but not limited to:
- Food & Beverage Recipe files.
- Departmental checklist.
- Departmental reports.
- Inform the Food & Beverage Director on a daily basis of all relevant information in operational and personnel matters, including information, which does not require the Food & Beverage Director's action.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety at the hotel
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures at the hotel
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in timely manner and brought to the attention of the F&B manager as per Fire Life & Safety (FLS) procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of the hotel's strategic plan, marketing plan, goals programme and the Food & Beverage departmental budget.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desired behaviors that we expect all employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit.
- Should not perform duties under the influence of any drugs which have negative influence on performance.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Waiters/Waitress at a 5-Star Hotel - Workforce Group
- Housekeeper at Renaissance Hotel - Marriott International
- Latest Jobs at Marriott International
- Accountants at a Reputable Hotel - Teclab Management Services Limited
- Food and Beverage Manager at a Reputable 4 Star Hotel - Teclab Management Services Limited
- Graduate Marketing/Sales Officer at a Reputable Event Centre -W-Holistic Business Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- Pastry Chef at Axari Hotel & Suites