International Resources Group (IRG), an Engility company, is currently seeking Energy Experts for an anticipated USAID-funded energy project in Nigeria. The project is intended to remove barriers to economic growth and to spur trade and investment by supplying electricity to unserved or underserved communities, while mitigating long-term greenhouse gas emissions trajectories through use of renewable sources of energy. Power Africa will serve as a catalyst that will spark a transformation in Africa’s energy and power sectors. The immediate outcome will be increased supply of and access to reliable, affordable, and sustainable power for millions of Africans and the enhanced responsible and transparent management of energy resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Responsibilities assigned to the Energy Experts will cover a range of energy related disciplines and each expert will have the overall responsibility for delivering technical assistance packages covered by their particular area of expertise. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, each expert may be in charge of other non-key experts in their domains of intervention and may act as “Team Leader” for specific activity areas, in addition to being responsible for quality control. Travel will be required to priority countries within Sub-Saharan Africa as needed.
This is a contingent position based on funding from the customer.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced University degree in engineering, public policy, development economics, International Development, or another energy related discipline
- At least 7 years of development cooperation experience (in areas including policy and planning) in the energy sector in the African context
- Proven communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of energy efficiency, environmental and transverse issues in developing country context
- Demonstrated spoken and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in at least one of the following areas:
- Transaction Support for power systems
- Project Finance
- Sector restructuring incl. for instance the privatization of state-owned assets
- Mini grids, small scale energy projects (<10 MW), and rural electrification
- Mobilizing finance
- Transmission & Distribution Utilities
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management
- Policy & Regulatory Reform
- Natural gas
- Low emissions development strategies
- Regional institutions & cross border power trading
- 15 years of development cooperation experience (in areas including policy and planning) in the energy sector
- Work experience in providing technical assistance / capacity building in energy related policy and regulatory areas would be an advantage
- Work experience in energy sector reform in developing countries (in particular aiming at renewable energies, rural electrification and energy efficiency) would be an advantage
- Work experience in industrial and technological cooperation and in project demonstration would be an advantage
- Proficiency in French or an African language would be an advantage
Method of Application
Use this link to apply on ICIMS: https://careers-engility.icims.com/jobs/13240/energy-experts%2c-power-af...
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.