We are a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigration and Real Estate Consulting. Our Client, a key player in the Insurance sector is seeking to bring on board an experienced professional to take on the role of Head, Software Unit.
To have technical proficiency to work with both internal and external vendors to the support, design, development and Implementation of Insurance business applications that meet business specifications and support business objectives. To the satisfaction of both internal, external and web clients.
REPORTS TO: CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (CTO)
DIRECT REPORTS: APPLICATION SUPPORT AND DEVELOPERS
- Business application users, process owners, developers
- Business application vendors, external clients, and web clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide business applications to the business entities:
- Analyze problems and requests for changes and improvements across the business IT terrain
- Give Product technical leadership
- Develop solutions and deliver them into production.
- Peer reviews of work with other team members.
- Support of existing applications and provision of timely responses to both direct users and downstream systems.
- Involvement with the definition of the future strategic technology solutions and systems
To provide technical support:
- Resolving problems with technology suppliers where appropriate
To proactively support and advice Business Entities on Business Services issues such as;
- Business projects
- Other business decisions
To coordinate with Technical Services & Systems Support teams.
- To provide user training and on-going user support.
- To manage Intranet and Internet content.
- Contract negotiation, problem escalation, etc.
To continuously review business direction, business processes and available applications through:
- Business needs analysis
- Determination of appropriate automated solutions, including evaluation for future releases of proprietary software.
- Participate in IT strategy planning.
- Contribute to IT budgets in a timely manner in accordance with the company planning cycle.
- Set performance targets and goals for the department in alignment with IS plans and budgets.
- Promote adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements for all services provided are prepared and in place.
- Maintain a local Software Library
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Direct, control and motivate software development staff through involvement in recruitment, retention and ongoing communication.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the IT team
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of business objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled Applications team.
- Perform systems analysis and functional testing to troubleshoot application production issues as needed.
- Provide updates on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting the on time completion or quality level of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services/Business (or equivalent)
- Certification in:
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification
- 10-15 years in IT and business experience
- Strong background in development, online and in solution provisioning.
- Experience with support computing
- Software development background, experience with continuous integration and testing.
- Knowledge of Technology Risk as pertains to financial product knowledge
- Position is open in Lagos.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Fosad on SmartRecruiters to apply