African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
- The Secretary/Administrative-Team Assistant will report to the Director or a member of the Bank’s management team.
- He/She will provide secretarial and administrative support, ensuring the day to day functioning of the office; coordinating all office management activities and manage the office’s interface with organizational units and external parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director or Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Organize and manage the office of the Director or Manager.
- Oversee the office’s document processing, filing and tracking system.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Director or Manager’s diary and email.
- Filter and direct incoming visitors, correspondence, emails and telephone calls, highlighting urgent and priority matters requiring the Manager or Director’s attention.
- Draft, type and dispatch memoranda, acknowledgement letters and responses to correspondence, and follow-up with relevant members of the office team.
- Proofread routine documents prepared for the Manager or Director’s attention and signature, in consultation with relevant members of the office team.
- Schedule meetings between the Manager or Director and key stakeholders within and outside the Bank and compile relevant documentation and briefings.
- Compile engagements, invitations and other requests for weekly diary meetings.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements and produce a folder with diary and background documents for missions.
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors.
- Provide administrative support, including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests in SAP.
- Provide administrative support to members of the office.
- Carry out all other secretarial and administrative duties as required.
Including desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of a License / Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Legal, Finance, Accounting, Administration, IT or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial duties, training/administration/office management.
- Have relevant and progressive experience in the fields of expertise concerned.
- Experience in international organizations will be an asset.
- Experience of arranging international travel for managers, including processing advances and claims.
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Sociable personality that facilitates good interaction between the individual, and internal and external parties including on the phone.
- Strong proactive “can-do” approach. Applicants must have the ability, energy and appropriate demeanor to take initiative and plan and carry out necessary tasks to ensure the office’s activities are successful.
- Excellent and professional communication skills are required.
- Strong typing skills.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures or experience in relation to working with elected officers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects); knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply, visit AFDB Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale