JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL RISER ENGINEER
Organisation/Department: Deepwater Projects SNEPCO
Reports to: Head Civil/Marine Engineering
The Engineer will act as guardian of the defined design/operating envelopes of plant and equipment with respect to riser and mooring systems and participate in the design of current and future projects in the DW offshore area and to offshore SPDC projects.
• Participate in the provision of riser/mooring engineering support to new and on-going projects in DWP.
• Coach any assigned offshore discipline engineer
• Networks with Discipline Heads and Asset and Project engineering Leads and Project Engineers within SNEPCO for successful execution of projects.
- Carry out all necessary engineering analyses, including global analysis, riser analysis, structural Finite Element Analysis, to support engineering design of production, water injection, gas lift and umbilical risers as well as stress/flexjoints.
- Prepare drawings and technical/project specifications and datasheets for riser systems in line with functional requirements as stated in the Basis of Design.
- Carry out installation analysis for risers including pulling-in studies, verification studies for the umbilicals and installation of new I-tube on Bonga Main Hull. Analysis would be performed for various methods of installation as may be required using Shell in-house proprietary softwares.
- Conduct intra and multi-discipline technical reviews including HAZOPs, Constructability reviews, Reliability and Availability and Maintainability Studies and reviews, etc.
- Development and compilation of tender/bid packages for riser systems.
- Contribute to the development of global analysis/riser engineering skills of young engineers to be able to carry out such work.
- Deliver on promises during design, construction, installation and start-up) with clear understanding and implementing NCD and HSE requirements taking into consideration local and international standards commensurate with global demand for Projects and Technology organisation
- Responding to significant cost pressures in both project delivery and SNEPCo business while helping to create a sustainable organization.
- Contributing to an enabling work environment that supports the project delivery to maximize effectiveness of Civil/Structures/Offshore (CSO) discipline across all projects.
- Designs changes are fit-for-purpose and maintain Technical Integrity and minimise lifecycle costs
Qualifications, Experience and Competence Requirements B.Sc./B.Eng in structural engineering, marine engineering or naval architecture with a minimum of 15 years’ offshore structural engineering experience incorporating the following:
- A minimum of 10 years’ design experience at level for studies and detailed designs of riser and mooring systems
- A good understanding of Industry, DEPs and Shell Design Standards with the ability to challenge standards and current engineering practices
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team as well and to work independently with a minimum of supervision. The offshore structural engineer must have knowledge/skill level in HSSE and applications within the Oil and gas Industry.
- Working knowledge of the following software is mandatory: Orcaflex, ANSYS,
- Working knowledge of SACS, USFOS and COSMOS will be an advantage.
JOB TITLE: PROJECTS, PROCESS AND STANDARDS COORDINATOR
This role will be providing assurance that all SNEPCo DW projects are aware of, and productively implementing the latest UIG, P&T and Global technical standards and processes. The Project Processes & Standards Coordinator will be accountable for the following services across the DWP portfolio of green/brown field projects and discipline engineering team:
• There is awareness of, and access by the appropriate discipline and projects teams within DWP to the latest versions of approved project technical standards and processes within UIG, P&T and the Shell Group.
• Act as the focal point for management of project/technical processes & standards issues within DWP, including ensuring that all deviations are secured in line with approved change procedures.
• Serve as primary liaison, and thus an information conduit, for technical processes & standards, between the DWP users’ community, and the various UIG/P&T/UI technical processes & standards teams.
• Together with the line produce plans that ensure effective dissemination, implementation and application of these technical/project processes and standards to the appropriate audiences, including 3rd parties.
• Enable and facilitate as may be required the process of determining appropriate technical standards and processes to be applied on SNEPCo DW projects.
• Be the custodian of, and maintain the current DWP Technical Authority framework ensuring that it is up to date and aligned with the DCAF database.
• Work with Discipline Heads to facilitate the appointment of Technical Authorities amongst qualified DWP staff.
• Facilitate cross-project learning from local, Shell Group & industry experiences with respect to adoption and application of processes, procedures and standards.
• Be the custodian of the DWP on-off-boarding procedure
• Demonstrate personal commitment to company HSSE objectives and motivate own team to be HSSE champions.
• Provide regular Management & Performance reports relating to own responsibilities within the DWP portfolio.
• A recognized Bachelors degree and at least 8 years of engineering or/and project experience. Understanding and experience of deepwater developments will be an advantage.
• Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviours will be taken into account during the selection process.
• Ability to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities
• Demonstrated effectiveness in driving change.
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and culture, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
• Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Skilful at leading through influence.
• Values and is open to listening to stakeholders perspectives, maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
• Visibly demonstrate personal and company HSE commitment.
Additional Requirements (if any)