New Job at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 24 February, 2016
Deadline: 8 March, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Lantern Books
Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited, est. 1969, is Nigeria's leading Children's book publisher. Its imprint, "Lantern books" is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa.
Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
- We need a graphic artist with the skill set to develop EBooks i.e. EPub 3, Mobi and PDF format that scales properly on every device; mobile and otherwise.
- Converting our book titles into the eBooks on standard format. This includes EPUB 3 , Mobi, and PDF.
- Ensure that eBook content and metadata is done efficiently and at a high level of quality.
- Must be creative and in tune with latest trends in this area particular developing EBook for kids.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing feedback that can be used to improve the eBook process.
- Ability to communicate effectively would be an added advantage
- 3+ years working experience with one or more of the following formats: XML, EPUB, PDF or other electronic content formats.
- 3+ year experience effectively working both independently and within team dynamic.
- B.Sc/HND in any field with at least 3-4 years equivalent experience
- Experience with some popular Adobe Creative Suite packages i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Strong technical acumen: aptitude and passion for digital book formats and making them accessible to library users; Good understanding of HTML, EPUB and/or PDF, and the relationship to eBook databases and products.
- Industry Knowledge: publisher supply chain, especially with regard to how eBook formats are created, transferred and transmitted.
- Flexibility: At ease with the dynamic nature of changing production workflows.
- Analytical: Comfortable working with and analyzing large content deliveries and data sets.
- Congeniality: Amiable team player, who is equally comfortable working/solving problems individually as within a team, and not shy to lead discussions, projects, training and initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal and ease in collaborations outside of core team.
- Drive, Positive Attitude, and good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Experience with book publishing and production processes related to eBook creation.
- Working knowledge of descriptive bibliographic metadata and/or MARC-21 format
- Digital media file conversion experience
- Publishing, Electronic Publishing, Library or experience in related setting
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lantern BooksSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Vacancies at Look Media Nigeria
- Graduate Social Media Intern at Iconway Media
- Writers at 24hours Reporter
- Sports Presenters at Winning Blue Communications
- Digital Technical Producer - Igbo at the BBC World Service
- Sales Manager, West Africa (Satellite & Broadcasting) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Female Content Associate at Madivas Mag
- Latest Job Openings at STARTUPROOM