New Job at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 24 February, 2016
Deadline: 8 March, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Lantern Books
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited, est. 1969, is Nigeria's leading Children's book publisher. Its imprint, "Lantern books" is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa.
Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
- We need a graphic artist with the skill set to develop EBooks i.e. EPub 3, Mobi and PDF format that scales properly on every device; mobile and otherwise.
- Converting our book titles into the eBooks on standard format. This includes EPUB 3 , Mobi, and PDF.
- Ensure that eBook content and metadata is done efficiently and at a high level of quality.
- Must be creative and in tune with latest trends in this area particular developing EBook for kids.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing feedback that can be used to improve the eBook process.
- Ability to communicate effectively would be an added advantage
- 3+ years working experience with one or more of the following formats: XML, EPUB, PDF or other electronic content formats.
- 3+ year experience effectively working both independently and within team dynamic.
- B.Sc/HND in any field with at least 3-4 years equivalent experience
- Experience with some popular Adobe Creative Suite packages i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Strong technical acumen: aptitude and passion for digital book formats and making them accessible to library users; Good understanding of HTML, EPUB and/or PDF, and the relationship to eBook databases and products.
- Industry Knowledge: publisher supply chain, especially with regard to how eBook formats are created, transferred and transmitted.
- Flexibility: At ease with the dynamic nature of changing production workflows.
- Analytical: Comfortable working with and analyzing large content deliveries and data sets.
- Congeniality: Amiable team player, who is equally comfortable working/solving problems individually as within a team, and not shy to lead discussions, projects, training and initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal and ease in collaborations outside of core team.
- Drive, Positive Attitude, and good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Experience with book publishing and production processes related to eBook creation.
- Working knowledge of descriptive bibliographic metadata and/or MARC-21 format
- Digital media file conversion experience
- Publishing, Electronic Publishing, Library or experience in related setting
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and CVs to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lantern BooksSimilar Jobs
- News Reporter/Correspondent at Dobizness
- Driver at DM Holdings Limited (DMH)
- Creative Editor at Iconway Media
- Social Media Executive at iflix Nigeria
- Media Producer/Co-founder at Next up Africa
- Jobs at The News Chronicle
- Main Female Presenter at Network Arewa24 Limited
- Writers Needed at Open Journals Nigeria Magazine (OJN Mag)