Vacancy in a Large Financial Services Group
Posted on: 23 February, 2016
Deadline: 1 March, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
A fast-growing subsidiary of one of the largest financial services group in Africa as a result of its recent acquisition, expansion and focus on performance excellence is seeking for a dynamic Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer to provide exceptional service in driving the business growth and brand equity of the institution at the management level.
The ideal candidate must be a dynamic top executive professional who have held equivalent position in top-tier Insurance business.
Ref No: ELOF/001
- To be responsible for defining and implementing the company’s strategy and tactical planning to ensure the company’s growth, profitability and sustainability in the long term
- Strategic leveraging of industry contacts and previous experience to identify new opportunities, distribution channels and market niches
- Develop business models to secure long term business positioning.
- Build internal and external strategic partnerships while liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure the company operates in an effective and efficient manner.
- Lead corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Achieve operational results for all key metrics in line with annual business budgets and strategic plans.
- Increase market share and take the lead in general insurance solutions in Nigeria.
- Attract, nurture and retain exceptional human capital teams to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Optimize returns to the shareholders through operational growth and effective capital management
- Maintain awareness of the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers new markets and new industry developments.
- Manage external relationships and influence industry bodies.
- People Management.
- First Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or other business related field
- A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. ACII, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA CPA (K), or other recognized certifications
- A minimum of 10 years’ cognate, post qualification experience in the senior management team of an Insurance company, five (5) of which must be at Executive Director or top management level.
- Excellence understanding of insurance business in Nigeria aria the sub-region
- Demonstrated interaction with the board and senior management teams
- A track record of unique business initiatives and customer experience strategies
- Well versed with technology solutions.
- Aged 35 years and above.
- Influencing skills at executive level
- Ability to facilitate strategic decisions
- Results Driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership / people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with technical & functional staff at all levels
- Analytical, logical thinker with good problem solving skills
- Mature outlook and upholds high standards of professional integrity.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs alongside with a cover letter with reference number as subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Team Lead, Disbursement Desk at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Technical Support Engineers At CR Services (Credit Bureau) Plc
- Creative Writers at Avetiz
- Current Job Placements at Avetiz
- Sales Executives at SnapCredit
- General Ledger Management Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Ecobank Nigeria 2017 Graduate Program
- Principal Investment Officer (Origination) at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)