Cisco Nigeria - The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services.
As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
- Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executive team in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- The candidate will have access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications focused in the Enterprise & Partner Led market segment.
- This role is heavily focused on challenging customer paradigms and building architectural solutions to solve critical customer business needs.
- Candidates should possess a deep understanding of Cisco's suite of products, solutions and go to market strategy.
- In additional to technological aptitude, the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence - including:
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
- Provide technical and sales support for assigned accounts.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization.
- 3+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
- CCIE certification highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- The ability to apply baseline SE skills to position Cisco products and solutions to solve technical and business problems.
- Strong operating experience in one or more of the following area's of specialization: Core Routing and Switching, Wireless Networking, Network Security, Optical Networking, (Voice & Video), Cloud & Data Center (Compute, Storage & Network, Virtualization). In-depth knowledge of Unified Communications/Collaboration (Voice/Video) systems and platforms.
- Knowledge of competitive offerings in area of specialization with the ability to articulate Cisco's competitive advantages.
- Understands and conversant about Cisco, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Be able to translate knowledge into sales opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an added value team member and assume a leadership role within the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources to drive business impact.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Cisco Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.