The Operations Manager will ensure the delivery of all factory activity versus KPI targets. These include Safety, Quality, Service, People and Plant Performance as well as delivery of Good Manufacturing Practice, Environmental and Corporate Social Responsibility requirements within a Packing Operation environment.
Operational Strategy• Significantly input into the capital and strategic plans for capital investment design and implementation to meet the needs of the business over the next 3 years.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain and Commercial functions on capacity and volume planning
• Engage with retail customers and commercial colleagues to maximise business building opportunities to match investment evolution to meet this demand
• Provide support and guidance to a high performing team which delivers the day to day, mentor and coach a continued drive for performance improvement – Operations, H&S, Environment, CI and Engineering
• Build an annual robust plan and deliver through a highly empowered team, adopt a relentless approach to discovering profitable growth initiatives and opportunities.
• Provide effective leadership of the Operations Management team to hit or exceed kpi’s on the Site Business Plan.
• Drive the agenda for continuous improvement through modern manufacturing techniques and ensure the team remains focussed on outputs which benefits the business
- Inspire, motivate and develop a team to ensure factory KPI’s are exceeded
- Manage performance within the team via regular and effective objective setting, review, appraisal and coaching
- Deliver Continuous Improvement programs via Front Line Employee engagement processes
- Sustain and grow employee engagement via regular and two way employee communications programs
- Ensure capable Front Line Management and Front Line Employees via focused absence management, recruitment and training and development
- Leverage group programs for leadership and technical training
- Taking ownership to ensure consistent and fair application of employee grievance and disciplinary processes
- Create a coaching environment that promotes trust and passion for performance
- Set and monitor targets
- Ensure the management of people via the agreed company policies and procedures
- Health and Safety – Reducing accident rates through the effective involvement of Front Line Managers and Front Line Leaders for ownership of hazard identification and adherence to safe working practices, risk assessments and method statements for all current and non-standard activities.
- Environmental – Compliance with corporate and legal requirements by supporting a site wide energy reduction programme, through promoting and actively involving all colleagues in waste reduction and recycling to achieve a zero percent landfill site.
- Good Manufacturing Practice – Compliance with Corporate Technical Standards to meet the requirements of the major multiples.
- Develop annual budget and Medium Term Plans
- Manage controllable indirect / overheads within budgets
Monitoring and reporting on costs and performance data
Desired Skills and Experience