Nationwide Graduate Recruitment at Face2Face Africa
Posted on: 22 February, 2016
Deadline: 30 March, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
Face2face Africa, a fast-growing Pan-African focused media company is seeking an experienced writer passionate about African news and affairs to join our team.
This is a full-time home based position from anywhere in Nigeria. Applicant must have personal computer with reliable internet and must be able to work from home without any disruptions.
- Job TypeFull Time
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Job Field
Media / Advertising / Branding
As a staff writer, you will be part of an excellent team that will be responsible for identifying and covering breaking news and African affairs from a research-driven, thought-provoking perspective for our online news platform:
- Gather information about newsworthy events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions
- Check reference materials, such as books, news files, or public records, to obtain relevant facts
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story
- Investigate breaking news developments, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories
- Write and edit news stories and features per Face2FaceAfrica.com writer’s guideline
- Review and evaluate notes taken about news events to isolate pertinent facts and details
- Develop ideas or material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experiences
- Write reviews of literary, musical, or other artwork, based on knowledge, judgment, or experience
- Receive assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas
- Ensure work is well-written, accurate and submitted to deadline
- Suggest images to accompany written pieces
- Meet with colleagues to plan the daily content and the character of the publication
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments relating to the platform’s subject matter
- Revise work to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements
- Discuss issues with editors to establish priorities or positions.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with online/web publishing.
- Experience with wordpress.
Method of Application
should send their CV, a cover letter and 3 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please include in Subject Line: Staff Writer-Nigeria.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at a Media Firm - Smart Partners Limited
- Jobs at Buffer Media Limited
- Entry-level Content Writer at StateReporters
- BBC World Service Recruitment for Graduate Accountant
- Entertainment News Writers at Ghafla Nigeria
- General Manager at KRAKS Nigeria
- Senior HR Manager at IROKO Partners Limited
- Marketing Executives at E-Jay Prime Atlantic Limited