At SIMS Nigeria Limited, we specialize in the distribution and sales of electronic products from major brands such as SAMSUNG, ROYAL, PARSUN and POWERMATIC.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have succeeded in carving a niche for ourselves in the home appliances market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones; in major cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Kano and Abuja.
Our longstanding reputation has earned us a status as Nigeria’s lead player in the electronics industry and as a result, we decided to go further by partnering with SAMSUNG to establish a local manufacturing line for its air conditioners and refrigerators in 2004. This, coupled with our state-of-the-art service centre that caters to consumers who buy our products, ensures that our customers enjoy the best quality of service from us and the best performance possible from their electronics.
Job Objective/Purpose of Job
The Treasury Manager is responsible for planning, monitoring and managing the efficient utilization of cash and financial resources in line with the corporate objectives of the organization.
Reports To: Chief Finance Officer
Supervises: Finance/Treasury Officers
Grade: M2 - M3
- Responsible for all cash management functions i.e. cash concentration, account funding, local and international bank transfers as well as ensuring adequate liquidity for working capital needs and investing excess cash.
- Responsible for overseeing and strengthening relationships with all banks and financial institutions as well as negotiating all bank and service fees.
- Responsible for forecasting daily cash requirements as well as daily company income and interest expense.
- Review and recommend changes to the organization’s investment policies based on the market conditions as well as assess treasury performance benchmarks and recommend changes when necessary.
- Evaluation, development and implementation of cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Conduct benchmark studies on banks /other financial institutions and their services to evaluate compatibility with the organization’s needs.
- Develop and monitor treasury operational policies and ensure compliance with the organization’s internal controls, policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the determination of the organization’s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
- Reconciliation of all daily cash receipts, daily bank deposits, daily POS transactions and petty cash transactions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Liquidity & Cash Management.
- Funding & Investment Management.
- Forex, Commodity & Interest Rate Exposure Management.
- Treasury Operations and Accounting.
- Risk Management & Policy Compliance.
- A degree in finance, accounting, business management of any other related fields. A Post-graduate degree i.e. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member/fellow of a recognized accounting professional body: ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in treasury management with 7 years of it in a management/leadership role.
- Industry experience would be an advantage as is previous experience working in a retail/fmcg, telco or manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts, cash flow analysis and building financial models.
- The ability to lead and coach a team towards the achievement of departmental and organizational objectives is fundamental.
The ideal candidate should not be less than 40 years old.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical, financial and IT Skills (Familiarity with the usage of an ERP is an advantage)
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking and financial instruments.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Results oriented.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas and develop new skills.
- Creative & Innovative.
- Cultural awareness.
Method of Application
Interested in this position? Apply on LinkedIn