The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) is a member of a global fellowship of Non-Denominational Christian Organization whose primary mission involves translation of the Holy Scriptures into languages people can easily read and understand as well as publishing and distribution of same at affordable prices. She also organizes programmes to encourage interaction with the scripture and raises funds for her activities.
Translation Consultant (2)
The position reports to the Assistant General Secretary - Publishing, The job holder ensures that translation under his/her supervision meets very strict exegetical accuracy in relationship to the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek original texts, He also ensures its clarity and naturalness. The job holder heads the technical aspect of language translation projects. He also plays an important role in identifying the training needs of Translators,
• Ensuring high quality translation work according to the United Bible Societies standard.
• Motivating literacy programmes in any language of interest to the BSH.
• Conducting research into development in linguistics, biblical languages and translation theory.
• Preparing helps for translators , readers and other audiences
• Developing project schedules and ensuring timeliness in completion of new translation projects.
• Developing training materials, organizing training for Translators and monitoring translated work with the language speakers to determine when review should be done.
• A doctorate degree in either Linguistics or Biblical Studies. If the Doctorate degree is in linguistics, s/he should have a good knowledge of biblical languages. If the Doctorate degree is in Biblical Studies, s/he should have a good knowledge of linguistics.
• Those on Doctoral Thesis may be considered.
• Leadership, high interpersonal relationship, communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of sociology and anthropology is important.
• Flair for local and international travels.
• 7 years of translation experience with 3 years at senior level of project management and team-building will be added advantages.
The purpose of the job is to provide secretarial and administrative supports to departmental/divisional head to allow for concentration on strategic issues.
• Typing Mailable documents
• Ensuring effective documentation
• Coordination departmental activities.
• OND in Secretarial Administration
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in secretarial and administrative functions
• Versatile in Microsoft Office software applications
• Communication, organization and interpersonal
Applicants must be practicing and committed Christians with good testimonies of turning point experiences and willing to learn. The remuneration for position 1 is between N3m and N4.5m per annum with a furnished accommodation. Positions 1 & 2 are pensionable.
Interested persons who possess the above-stated qualifications should forward application letter to the General Secretary/CEO or apply through e-mail within one week of this publication attaching typed curriculum vitae and copies of credentials.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.